Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 5:07:04 PM EDT
Hey,
    I am Thinking about building my first ar15. Model 1 sales. 20 Inch barrel A2   Post ban. I want to Put a civilian legal 37 mm  "flare launcher"  Onto the rifle when i get it. I have heard this is illegal.    I hope not. any help will be appreciated! Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.37mm.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...Do you know if it is fully legal to attach a "flare Launcher" to an Ar-15?  I can't seem to find the answer. I heard if it has a pistol grip and all The "evil Assault" features it cant. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember right, the grenade launcher mentioned in the AWB refers to the launchers such as on the SKS. A barrel end unit for rifle grenades, not a Seperate grenade launcher "strapped" to the rifle
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The features in which you refer to are inclusive of teh birdcage FH which doubles as a Rifle Grenade launcher.  This means that you can attach rifle launched grenades to it and fire a special blank cartrige and launch a grenade.  The 37mm Flare launchers are 100% legal (except in Kali) to mount.  Pre or Post ban.  You cannot though own and projectile rounds such as bena bag rounds, fletchette rounds, (or adapters) and the shotgun adapters are really ilegal too, but that can get down to splitting hairs IIRC. But to answer your question on a Federal level the 37mm flar launcher is just that a flare launcher and not regulated under the AWB, NFA or any other Federal Firearms regulations as they are not viewed as a firearm or an accessory to such.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
thank you very much! That's a relief!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top