Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 12:58:42 PM EDT
Hello all. My search turned up some results, but I need someone to help me understand something regarding carbine buffers.

When/why would I want to use a H Buffer in my carbine? Does the type of carrier I'm using (shaved vs. full circle)determine which buffer I should use at all?

I recently traded another board member for a pinned tele stock and it came with an H Buffer. The rest of my Carbine buffers are standard.

While I'm at it, where can I purchase the H Buffer by itself if it's so good.

Thanks for helping get this through this thick head.

MM419

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Wes at [url]http://www.mstn.biz/[/url] sells "H" Buffers.
They are used in M4s because of their added weight they slow/even out the recoil impulse of the shorter "car" gas system.
 I don't believe their use is dependent on the type of carrier used.  Though, heavier, carriers are believed to enhance reliability/functioning in "car"s as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys for the info.

I appreciate it!

MM419
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You get a little more momentum for a more positive locking of the bolt and a little more heft in stripping a round,I have a GI mag that because of burrs under the feed lips when loaded to 30 it stops the bolt from going forward,installing a H buffer made that not happen any more so you get more forward force and bushmaster has them for $25 and it reduces the force a carbine produces because of the shorter gas system,and that makes it a little easier on parts.You can feel the difference.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top