Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2003 6:37:06 PM EDT
I am think of going to this in my AR-15: JP Enterprises Competition Trigger Kit Small Pin & Speed Hammer Small Pin AR-15. How have your experiences been? Do you recommend?

TIA  

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have on installed in a 300 Whisper, DPMS upper and Lower. I love the heck out of it. Took about 2-3 hours to get it installed and adjusted properly. After all the work I have a trigger with no felt take up, creep, or over travel. Crisp let off of 3.5 lbs, every time.

That said, I would not recommend it for installation on anything other than a target or varmint rifle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used their triggers and spring kits in the past, and had no complaints.

I purchased one of their low mass hammers from Brownells last year.  It was ABSOLUTELY the WORST machined part that I have ever bought from ANY manufacturer.  I wanted to give JP the benefit of the doubt, so I contacted them directly.  They sent me a "hand selected" hammer that was just as bad if not worse than the first one.  Both of them were returned.

But that's just my opinion.

I would highly recommend the JARD, or the RRA trigger.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
My son had the JP trigger and speed hammer installed at JP Enterprises and they work great....I also have the JP trigger on my ar15 and like it very much........
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a JP trigger/hammer and lightened spring combo in my varmint rifle, it's tuned for just a tiny bit of creep before letting off and to help in avoiding "bounce" induced doubles.

Trigger is going on 4+ years of use and has been great this entire time.   Nice light trigger pull and fairly simple to install, the fitting of the trigger to the safety will take a little time and work with a grinder and stone then once that's done a little tuning to the disconnector.    That's about it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top