Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 11:04:31 PM EDT
I was really upset when, after a KB with my 7,5" AR, I ordered a new bolt carrier from my local OLYARMS dealer (I'm from Italy) and he, after a lot of time with no response said to me that he had no replacement parts in stock, and also, that ordering a new BC from OLY U.S.A. would be a really difficult task because of restriction on military and military-looking weapon export.

I tought that he was bullshitting me, so I contacted OLY USA, and sadly they confirmed that USA government put a really tight control over weapon export.

So I must apologize to Olyarms, it's not their fault (even if my local dealer must have in stock at least some BC...damn..)

So, out of desperation I phoned COLT Italy, and asked if they had some BC to send, even if I've not purchased a COLT ar...

After THREE DAYS they sent me with UPS a new bolt carrier, extractor, spring and pins...

I said WOW!, but unfortunately a hole in the BC was misaligned so my bolt didn't fit into...DAMN!

I contacted again COLT Italy asking for a replacement BC, and they sent me a new one after T-W-O DAYS, and with NO CHARGES! they also told me to send the defective BC for inspection free of charges.

Now, I'm REALLY, REALLY impressed, that's first class customer care, and I must thank the guy that sent me the pieces,very knowledgeable one..

The net result of all this story??

I've just ordered a 16" barreled M4 carbine (civilian version).......
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear things finally worked out for you!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, now it's C-A-U-T-I-O-U-S test firing time...:)
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like Colt - Italy has MUCH BETTER customer service than Colt - USA!!!!
--T. Fish
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Was the new BC shipped from within Italy, or did it ship from Colt USA???
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Underdog,

Are the M4's in stock in Italy?
How much are they (in Euros)?

J
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top