Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 12:56:18 PM EDT
Do all the 6 position collapsable RRA stocks wobble? In any of the 6 positions? Is there a method to lessen the wobble? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry,  ALL standard type collapsible stocks wobble a little, starting w/the very first Colt XM177 .

You may be able to lessen it a bit by putting a strip of electrical tape at the very end of the tube, and another strip about halfway up, but it's going to have a bit of wobble anyway[:D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
How new is it?  The RRA stock I bought last year was totally wobble free at first, but got a little with use.  Compared to a MUCH more expensive Colt M4 Type II I have it was damn near rattle free.  The only other stock I have that has so far stayed completely rattle free is the Vltor.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It is less than 2 days old, definately not used before. A friend suggested putting some elctrical tape on the tube or inside of the plastic stock to thicken it up a bit. Sounds like a good plan.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a DPMS 6-postion stock and it wobbles more then I care for.  

On the plus side the added adjustability is nice compared to the 4-postion
stocks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard that the later production 6 position stocks are a little tighter to address the wobbling.  Maybe an urban myth.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a myth.  I purchase a Colt M4 Type II stock and buffer assembly and then a couple of weeks later got a new RRA 6-pos.  The RRA was NOTICEABLY tighter and definitely more rattle free.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top