Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 10:23:08 AM EDT
Can anyone share their experience with either product. Im looking to reduce the felt recoil, so the buffer spring seems like a good place to start.

Also JP pin seems to be a great way to lock the upper to lower, I did not want to use the accu wedge, that seem to defeat the purpose on reducing gap.

Please respond if you have any experience.

Here are quotes from the respected companies

JP
Finally, the Right fix for the “loose” upper/lower receiver problem. You can throw out that piece of rubber you’ve been stuffing under your rear take-down pin all these years. All it’s good for is eliminating the “rattle” in you gun. In reality, it does just the opposite of what it should. It pushes the receiver halves apart on a flexible interface. They still move when the gun discharges. The JP Precision Tensioning Pin actually pulls the whole upper assembly down and back on the lower with reproducible torque (for those really picky folks) and gives a rock hard fit to even the sloppiest receivers. Ask any bolt gun shooter, and they will tell you that a rifle loose in the stock will most likely not reach its accuracy potential. An AR with a loose upper/lower is no different. It requires no modification to the receiver. It simply replaces your rear push pin and drops right in.

Tubbs
The new Speedlock AR-15 Buffer Spring is designed to reduce the pulse andoverrun (that annoying "boing" or "twang") from your rifle, producing a smoother recoil cycle with less rifle movement. This spring is designed by 8-time national highpower champion David Tubb and carries the guaranteed 9002 quality control standards approval. It’s precise construction is unaffected by rapid fire heat and enhances the function improving life of the part. The spring has been duty rated for 500,000 cycle, which will function consistently for the life of your rifle. Designed for AR-15 use only.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The JP rear pin is fine, but a pain in the butt if you like to open your reciever routinely.

While your at it put a JP muzzle comp. on it will do more for recoil than any spring will.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto on the JP pin. It does what they advertise, and makes a very secure fit. All the rubber wedge does is force them apart even more. The JP pin is a little pricey, so don't lose it if you have to disassemble in the field.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses, that what I thought about the JP pin, it sure is nice to break it down at the range to run a snake thru it before the mean cleaning when I get home.

Also I didnt want to use to brake on mine, I dont care for the look, so I thought I would entertain other options, are there any others?
I Have a BM varminter.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh I thought it was about felt recoil, I guess it's about the look now.

Try this buffer from Olympic Arms.

[img]http://myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/buffer.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh I thought it was about felt recoil, I guess it's about the look now.

Try this buffer from Olympic Arms.

[url]http://myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/buffer.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I love it when you zap 'em[:D] Keep up the good work.

In my humble opinion, the JP is a king sized pain in the butt, does absolutely nothing to improve accuracy (nor does the AccuWedge), and is so grossly overpriced the sellers should be arrested for price gouging.

I know nothing about the spring thing, but the out of the box spring on my Colt AR15 Carbine is 26 years and 7000-8000 rounds old, and still works fine, so why the hell should I, or anyone else, pay someone for a super duper job that does exactly the same thing?

Spend the bucks on extra ammo to practice with.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top