Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 10:51:03 PM EDT
i have a 16" BM with a mini Y comp. i was just wondering since i havent shot it yet- how loud will this baby be? ( i heard REALLY loud) thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
dunno what else there is to say...i've had one with a Mini-Y next to one without and you can tell a difference but you'll just have to hear for yourself
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Huh? someone ask about car brakes?

Yeah, they are loud.
If you look at the comp, you can see how it directs the gasses (and noise) right back at you and anyone around you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
To get the full effect, try it at a range that has a roof over the firing line. Oh, you'll love that...
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:14:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 16" Armalite with a brake and I dont notice its any louder when I'm shooting it, but those on either side of me sure bitch! (It also blows things off neighboring benches when fired)I think the shooter is in a "cone" when shooting, and the blast goes on by, at least it seems that way to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the same Bushy M4A3 with mini-y and it's not that bad with your earmuffs on. At first the nice little concussion was surprising and it depends which way the wind is blowing too, but you get use to it after a mag. But, I am going to send it to Kurt's for the A3FFS to be installed. And I will agree with Zardoz when shooting at a range with a roof...boom...boom...especially when I rapid fire [:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, they are loud.
If you look at the comp, you can see how it directs the gasses (and noise) right back at you and anyone around you.
View Quote

And when using cheap ammo, stinky as H*ll!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, they are loud.
View Quote

And when using cheap ammo, stinky as H*ll!
View Quote

Plus, you will be picking black-colored booggers from your nose for the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
That's my biggest complaint with compensators: not the noise, really, since it's still a 165dB concussion, but the dirt and fouling blown everywhere by the gas.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top