Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 5:37:06 AM EDT
I saw this product in a website and i was wondering what is it used for and does it give any advantages or disadvantages for my AR?

Like can i use it juss for the finish of my AR to make it look new?

Thnx
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of it.  Where did you see it?  share with us so we can check it out too.
edited because I think faster than I type
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been using a Tuff cloth for a few months now and it seems to work exactly as advertised.  I have not field-tested it since I have been in a training environment for the last several months.  However I used it on several knives and very old and worn blued guns that are all very prone to rusting.  I wiped them down and put them in there cases three months ago and all are still perfect.  I am currently in an extremely humid beach location with very erratic temperature swings (lots of condensation and salt air).  

The web site is www.sentrysolutions.com

I know every one claims the SEALS use their product but I have been told by others in the "business" that they do regularly use these products.  The Marine Tuff Cloth in particular is good for heavy salt-water exposure.  Several of the big saltwater fishermen in the area use it to maintain their equipment.  I think I read a discussion about it on Tacticalforums.com several months ago.  

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used Tuf-Cloth on knives and other metal items that need to be kept "dry" for a number of years and it has worked well for me. No rust or fingerprints.

A tip- Brownells sells the Tuf-Glide liquid for $17.95 ($11.95 C&R) for an 8oz bottle. This will "recharge" your Tuf-Cloth many, many times or allow you to make your own by saturating a soft cotton cloth and storing it in an airtight container between uses.

[url]www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12801[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
This stuff is great. applies a dry film coating on the gun that makes it look good and protects it also. smells better than some of the other CLP's. I know of a a pistol that was left exposed to the rain for almost 2 days and did not have any rust on the parts that typically do rust.  

Ruff
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried this out and found it to be very effective at corrosion resistance; but no so good at lubrication. I use it the same way I use a silicon cloth.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thnx for the explanations guys! ill use it to clean the outside of my guns an leave clp for the inside.

THNX
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top