Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 4:09:14 PM EDT
Any recommendations/guide/pointers on how to go about polishing the feedramps myself?  I'm getting a deep and nasty gouge down the bullets upon feeding.  Is it as simple as taking some emery cloth to the ramps and taking the burrs out?  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
For that I recomend using a dremel and pollising kit. They make a really good polishing tip and compound. This will maximise smothness and take off the minimum metal possible.
JIM
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 20” Bushmaster that was doing the same thing.  What I did was go up to Wal-Mart and buy some 2000 grit sand paper in their automotive section.  I cut a 1” by .5” strip of sand paper out and warped it around the tip of a snap cap (or bullet if you don’t have a snap cap) and then gently work the bullet between the locking lugs just above the feed ramp.  I don’t know about yours but my problem was the corners of the locking lugs on either side of both feed ramps were sharp and cutting in to the jacket when the bullet was fed in.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
StewartTR, this is exactly my problem. Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top