Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 7:24:13 PM EDT
I see SABLE CO. has some good prices on Rock River Uppers but I am unsure of the company.  Does anyone out there have any experiences dealing with this company?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time ordering an upper and I would like to deal with a good company.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They rock! I hear they recently moved into a new building. Donnie and his bunch are top notch.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mugzilla thats exactly what I wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
When I approached them to sponsor some Shoot's in Missouri, they responded...
which impressed me because they took our club seriously, and at our word.
Oh, they said 'Yes'...

So, I started asking around, and have heard nothing but positive things about them...

Plan on spending lots of dough there...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been doing business with Donnie since he was working out of his home 4 years ago. I have always gotten excellnt products, service and prices. Order with confidence and let us know how it goes!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to use Sableco but their recent price hikes have driven me away.  I always had to wait a long time for products not in stock but with lower prices elsewhere I doubt I will use them anymore.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I would rate them as "inconsistent." I bought two large items.  One sale was great, one sale was very frustrating.

They definately mean to be honest, but I think they lost me as a dedicated customer.

If they want to improve, I think they need to improve the communications with customers after the sale is closed. An email informing when an item ships, with tracking number, would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
ordered a streamlight m6 from them.. communication was quick and price was great. when i get my order i'll let update you here. they didn't seem to have ssl on their ccard form tho.. so i called my order in.. word to the wise: do the same.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought two RRA uppers from him.  He couldn't get what he said he could, he wanted to change the prices after we agreed on a price, and he sent me one flatop and one A2 when I ordered two A2 uppers.  The prices were good though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Donnie was incredibly good with my purchase. Everything was great before and after.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:15:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would rate them as "inconsistent." I bought two large items.  One sale was great, one sale was very frustrating.

They definately mean to be honest, but I think they lost me as a dedicated customer.

If they want to improve, I think they need to improve the communications with customers after the sale is closed. An email informing when an item ships, with tracking number, would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

View Quote

I have to agree with stinkypete. My experience with them was not so good.  There was an long and involved message thread here about it a couple months ago, but I can't find it now. Bottom line for me: they have major communication problems because they're too busy, and things get overlooked that shouldn't be. Be damn sure they have it in stock, and badger the crap out of them to make sure they ship it when they say they will. Make sure you use a credit card - I used money orders, and it took me 6+ weeks to get all my money back. If I'd used a card (couldn't at the time), I'd just have blown them off and walked, but since they had $500+ of my money still...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I've placed 2 orders with them, and both transactions have gone very well.

1st order was for a RRA stripped lower ($95 shipped--awesome)...they were out of stock and were up front about it.  The lower arrived right when they said it would.  This was phone and credit card order.

The 2nd order was for a couple of Surefires...tried to order over their new web-based ordering, but the order didn't seem to process completely.  So I called them up and inquired...they apologized because they hadn't worked all the bugs out of the system yet, processed my order over the phone, and I had the items within a few days.

2 very satisfactory transactions, friendly customer service, and competitive prices...I'll definitely be back to SableCo.

--Otter
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:09:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's the kind of people that they are:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=157223&w=searchPop[/url]

You should have seen that thread before the mods cleaned it up for the advertiser.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#15]
"I would rate them as "inconsistent." "

thats what i would say... AT BEST

i ordered an RRA upper and a few small parts, long story short, i was told it was shipped already on 2 seperate calls, both were mistakes and it wasnt shipped, took several weeks longer than i was told to get the upper.
In an effort to make up for these oversights and mistakes he offered what seemed like a heart felt appology and to refund me the shipping and give me sableco shirt. several weeks after receiving the upper, no shirt, no refund. email him, "oh yeah dont worry its on the way in its own package", here i am more than a month later after that email and im still waiting for this serperate package of my refund.... there is no way i would recommend them with this kind of service.

i hoped for the best with them and went it with a positive outlook, but it quickly changed as proof look at the second post in this topic,

Here's the kind of people that they are:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=157223&w=searchPop[/url]

You should have seen that thread before the mods cleaned it up for the advertiser.

i would be fine with their service if they had actually corrected it after the apology and promise of a refund, but with them completely overlooking and forgetting about that is the last straw, im pissed
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#16]
What stinkeypete said up there, somewhat inconsistent.  I dealt mainly w/ Robert.  Seemed like a nice guy, but failed to return any of my calls.  Good prices, especially on RRA rifles, but lacking in customer service.  Was sent wrong size bipod and had to return it too.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#17]
The services and prices are all good, but like the poster above said he never return call to me, even when I asked for it on phone, talking. (not on recording)

You gotta keep checking.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#18]
just got my order. shipped regular mail stamped :( . everything else fine so far.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The services and prices are all good, but like the poster above said he never return call to me, even when I asked for it on phone, talking. (not on recording)

You gotta keep checking.
View Quote

His prices are no longer good.  He lacked up prices about 20% overnight.  Go check the site now.  If I want to pay MSTN prices I will go get MSTN service.  I never had an item arrive in less than several weeks if not months after ordering but his prices used to be "Botach-ishly low" now they are higher than most.  If they drop the prices again they are worth the trouble as they wont outright screw you over like Botach, they are just slow.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a great experience purchasing my RRA upper and a few other items from them in February or March.  Robert was extremely friendly and helpful--he took good care of me.  (Even when I was being a pain in the ass and calling every other day after the two week mark asking if my upper had arrived [:)])  I'd definitely give them my business again.  Now Botach...  ugh!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Man, they sure did remove a lot from that thread I started.  I wonder why? :)  Hmm...makes me wonder who's being pressured to help out an advertiser.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#22]
CSA-BOB, please take notice of the bad customer service replys in this thread about Sableco. This company needs to be at the bottom of your "places to shop" list. Start with ADCO. I speak from experience.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#23]
i would say place MSTN and Legal Transfers at the very top, both have excellent customer service, quick answers, and good prices.
have ordered from both multiple times, both answer any and all question in a very rapid manner, theyll tell ya if its out of stock, when its expected in(and are accurate about it), and well tell you when it has been shipped(again and are accurate about it). both get A+ rating in my book.

order from both of them without fear.

sableco? id wait till they seriously get their sh*t together before trying them again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
CSA-BOB, please take notice of the bad customer service replys in this thread about Sableco. This company needs to be at the bottom of your "places to shop" list. Start with ADCO. I speak from experience.
View Quote

My feelings exactly, I believe the guys at SableCo are honest, good people. Retail business does not seem to be thier calling in life though.  In the link posted by hardcase, D-Ray's (SableCo) unedited "apology" was enough to turn me away without my own sour experience.  My purchasing experience with them was frustrating, and it needn't have been.

Try Legal Transfers, Pete in NH will get all of my RRA business from now on.  Top notch service and pricing, and fast to boot.  With his New England accent, he sounds like one of the guys from "Car Talk" which is fun in its own right.[jump]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I used to use Sableco but their recent price hikes have driven me away.  I always had to wait a long time for products not in stock but with lower prices elsewhere I doubt I will use them anymore.
View Quote

Devl, I assure the price increase were driven from the manufacturers, we try to keep a consistent margin, as a side note some of the manufactures are demanding MAP (min advertised pricing) (call for price on Trijicon and Leupold) Of our major suppliers Knights, Aimpoint and surefire have all increased prices in '03 We continue to match prices.

Thank you
Robert
Sales Manager, Sableco
www.sableco.net
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Pete

View Quote

Pete, I am sorry one of the transactions was frustrating, we try to send a email when the item ships, using Priority mail we get a confirmation slip with a number, it basically says item shipped on this date, received on this date. Not a super benificial tool in tracking. I have since hired a full time person in shipping, I have seen response time for confirmation decreased, we will strive to do even better.
Thank you
Robert
www.sableco.net
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#27]

His prices are no longer good.  He lacked up prices about 20% overnight.
View Quote

This is incorrect, Trijicon and Knight's prices were increased we had no control nor did we include ANY extra margin.
Thank you
Robert
www.sableco.net
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#28]
kudos for taking all this on the chin and responding so professionally.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#29]
SABLE Co has been with us at AR15.com for some time now. They spent a lot of time and effort building the solid reputation most of us know them to have. With that solid reputation came a lot more business and need for growth in their company. It seems pretty clear to me that most of the problems we've seen being mentioned have all happened in the some what recent past. During a time when, if Im not mistaken, they moved to a new building, created an almost entirely new www site, and on top of that, dealt with what I presume was in incredible increae in orders from military personel who were shipping out. Times were tough and I've no doubt some people got the short end of the stick. I'd venture to guess that SABLE Co got the short end of the stick themselves a number of times. However, I've also no doubt that despite whatever trouble people pay have seen, SABLE Co will continue to do all they can to be one of the more competitive busniesses on this site.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I like them.  I dropped a few hundred dollars at Sableco a few months ago, and though I'm still waiting for one of the backordered items, Donnie and Robert were two of the best people I've dealt with.  Donnie spent probably 30 minutes or more with me on the phone talking about certain products, listening to my preferences, and making suggestions and recommendations.  The order (except for the backordered item) was shipped promptly, and they even had a sling shipped direct to me from CQB as they didn't have that model in stock.  The sling arrived on the same day as the order.  I would agree that they may have difficulty with items that are not in stock, but I'm the patient sort, so this isn't the main factor with me.  I'm more likely to deal with people who are friendly, helpful, and honest.  If you're looking for the absolute lowest price, and do not have the patience for backordered items, then Sableco may not always be a good match.  But there's nothing saying you can't call to see if they have an item in stock, you may just be surprised at how pleasant they are to speak to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Ordered once, no problems.
If the prices are the best, I'll order from them again.
Free market.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top