Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 2:17:49 PM EDT
OK, I'm new to the AR group.  Shoot a Bushy 20" HB, looking for a good plinker for the son.  Sorry if this has been addressed 100 times, but anyone who will, please give me your thoughts on the Rock River AR's.  I am really interested in the M4 variant with the stubby stock.  I think it would be a jam up little gun.  Have heard some question though.  Suggested I go with an Oly Arms lightweight.

Many thanks in advance
Doc
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My RRA rifle is top notch. Not the best but certainly a good value.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
DocG.,
I'm an ArmaLite guy and have been for years.  And for years there has been an old saw in the AR game that buying was as simple as ABC - ArmaLite, Bushmaster and Colt.  Recently, I've got to tell you I've heard virtually nothing bad and much that was good about RRA.  

Now I'm still an ArmaLite guy but would have no hesitancy about buying RRA if the right deal came along.  In fact, the right deal did come along in the used market and I bought a used RRA carbine about two months ago - no problems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]

[b]And DocG., welcome to AR15.com - the finest board in all of gundom !![/b]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
ABC but Colt has had problems; so ABR. RRA quality is as good as it gets. Price is right also. Matter of fact, I just put an RRA NM trigger in my ArmaLite M15A4. Super sweet. $90 plus tax for the trigger. Hard to find any at that price. I have two other RRA's (one of them is a 24" Varminter) and would stack them up against anyone else's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The RRA would be a fine rifle for you and your son.  Another thought is to assemble one yourself.  It would be a mighty fine project for Dad and son to build his first rifle.  The nice par is that it is cheaper and is about as difficult as a snap-together-model.

Check out the directions on this board to see how hard it isn't.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I own 3. I do not own an "AB or C" anymore. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

-First, check the fit and finish of any AR. RRA is top notch. Not purple, and no pits in the receivers.

-Second, check the chamber clear, and try the STOCK trigger on a RRA.

I was sold at this point....

Although, someday I'll get a Bushy Dissipator.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with Old Tiger , I've had a RRA in M4 configuration for quite some time and have no   problems finish is excellent , shoots as well as the ABC variety in fact makes me wonder why so much is made about it, and the Wilson brake on it is not that loud I was surprised ! In fact I have a RRA 16" with mid-length aluminum tube and a Armalite muzzle brake on it which is so loud it is painful ! No it doesn't have a horse or a snake or a knight in shining armor on it , but it puts those little black dots on the target and if yo aim you will hit where you want !
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a RRA... accurate as hell, fit and finish is top notch. You can't go wrong with RRA.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I now have 3 RRA and 3 Bushmaster rifles, and I'll tell you the fit and finish on the RRA's are better than my bushmasters.  I would put RRA close to the top as far as AR's go, and would go as far as (some may not see this as a big step currently) to say RRA is a much better than Colt.  The current Colt fit, finish, and machine work is absolutely horrible.  We've got Bushmasters, Olympics, and Colts on our rack right now and Colt is the looser as far a quality goes.  RRA surpass the above as far a fit and finish.  As far as whats most accurate, they seem to be similar.  

Bill3508
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top