Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 7:57:02 AM EDT
http://www.gunsmokeinc.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostKart&file=index&req=itemview&IID=453&KID=macheddie

Just bought this AR from GSE.Corp. It's a new line of AR's coming out. They make all there own parts. Can anyone tell me how to load a photo on this site ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yawn. They don't make all their own parts; they're just assembling guns from aftermarket pieces like everybody else, and charging you for their "expertise".

The rail forearm and flip-up front sight on the gun in the pic are from Young Manufacturing, the flip-up rear is ARMS, and the vertical grip looks like GG&G or DPMS. Last I checked, they used "FN" (generic) uppers and non-chromed Wilson or Shaw barrels.

Gun in question can be built by the entrepreneurial soul, using the exact same parts, for much less than $1400-something.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.gunsmokeinc.com/modules/PostKart/product_images/453.jpg[/img]

Right click on picture, click properties, copy address/URL.

Into the message area type [ img] paste address here [ /img] leave out the spaces and the picture should post.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
thats fugly
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Who's handguard is that? That looks pertty interesting. It looks like a mix of a PRI (screw on rails), and ARMS sir and a Knight's MRE.

ls
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Barrels are Wilson blanks, chrome lining is coming. Uppers and lowers are made by them on the same CNC machine. Handguards and front flip up sight is made for them by Young Mfg. Rear sight is Arms. Pistol grip and rail kit is made by them. Receivers are a real nice tight fit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw the Young handguard systems and flip-up front sights at several vendors at last month's gun show, so they're not exactly purpose-built for GSE. The front flip sight is a bit large & bulky, but it's neat in that it is spring-loaded to stay in the "up" position, much like the ARMS #40 rear. "I get knocked down, but I get up again..." I didn't like the fact that it was blued in appearance rather than mil-spec black/gray hard ano.

GSE sent me an Email explaining where their components come from and what they do with them. It was interesting reading, but I still see little that justifies that kind of pricetag for that kind of gun. MHO - I'm sure they'll have plenty of takers, though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Well if you add up all the options the price is right. I just happened to buy there hot rod. There standard M4 carbine is $795.00. So it's all in what you want and how much you want to spend. But I will say the quality is just what they said it would be. I like it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]
There are, literally, thousands of different parts and/or components set-ups on this site.
Quoted:
I like it.
View Quote
But, that's what matters.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Consider it checked out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top