Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 8:11:36 PM EDT
Why is the Colt AR15A3 Tactical so highly rated? I understand that there were only a few of them released that weren't stamped, but what else is the appeal?  

16" HBAR, flattop, 4 position stock, small lower pins....what else?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That's because it's a "Colt".... enough said
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I already commented on the Colt part, my question was in regards to why people rate the AR15A3 so highly, not Colt in general.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you mean highly rated or highly priced? [;)]

I don't believe it would rate any higher than say a similar Bushmaster but because there are so few of them it makes them more desirable and commands a higher price.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have to assume that it would only mean something to a Colt collector.  Otherwise, it's just another AR.  Not that I wouldn't want one, but I want an AR in every conceivable make, model, and configuration.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt = substandard and overpriced but the Pony logo is cool.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why is the Colt AR15A3 Tactical so highly rated? I understand that there were only a few of them released that weren't stamped, but what else is the appeal?  

16" HBAR, flattop, 4 position stock, small lower pins....what else?
View Quote

Because it is ther closest thing to a M4 in preban that is a Factory Colt gun.
GG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top