Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 7:04:22 PM EDT
Been kicking around what to do for my next AR, and I just can't decide......so I thought I'd put it up here and get some advice. Right now I just have a Bushmaster M4gery (16" M4 profile, no brake) with Aimpoint M2, and it's feeling rather lonely. So I wanted to grab something a little different. So far the list is:

1. The ubiquitous SPR. Since my only AR is a carbine, this would definitely be a step up...plus it will open up shooting at longer ranges than the M4gery. Love the looks, and I can live with the price. The only issue is that I might need to switch barrels, as IIRC the OPS Inc brake normally used ain't postban legal, and the PRNJ don't take too kindly to anything preban.

2. Get a 16" pimp gun. Start with a Rock River Arms NM lower, with the ARFX stock. Throw on a flattop upper with KAC medium FF RAS, fluted SS barrel, and either a pistol grip or harris bipod. Top it off with probably a TA31F ACOG. Go with an ARMS 40 and a flipup front sight for backups. Debating whether or not to have this built, or try and take it on as a DIY deal....

So.....pros/cons, opinions, flames? All are welcome!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Go with an ARMS 40 and a [s]flipup front sight[/s] for backups. Debating [s]whether or[/s] not to have this built,[s] or try[/s] and take it on as a DIY deal....

So.....pros/cons, opinions, flames? All are welcome!
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Since you already have a carbine I'd build the SPR now.  Eventually you're going to have 3 or 4 carbines but you might as well diversify a little bit, especially since you said you can live with the price.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
When you start out it's hard to make up your mind which direction to go in. I have a 14.5" and a 16" M4 maxed-out. those are the toys. So i started collecting colt prebans(stock)and magazines,catalogs,etc. There's a shortage of anything else preban where i live. Actually i can't find any colt prebans that don't cost and arm and a leg this month. I might start colt postbans next until I can find a good deal on prebans again. Just one thing, take your time and think every purchase through because it's not a cheap hobby. And don't forget to post photos.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Put a Surefire on your current M4 and an Accuracy Speaks trigger.  Do you have an ARMS 40 on the M4 already?

After that Id do an SPR.  Leupold M3, KAC trigger, PRI or FF RAS, etc.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy an A2 upper. NO OPTICAL SIGHTS.

Sorry thats just who I am.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Wait you live in New jersey.....first thing is to move to P.A.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buy an A2 upper. NO OPTICAL SIGHTS.

Sorry thats just who I am.
View Quote

I agree, my next AR upper will definitely be a plain jane A2 or M4A2 upper with no optics.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top