Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 7:37:39 PM EDT
I seem to have lost the sling swivel that goes underneath my front sight.

What are my options for mounting a new one?  Possibly a quick-detach?

I tried using the Uncle Mikes QD swivels I have on my 700P, but the pins are too fat.  Are there specific models for the AR?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Aftermarket ain't gunna fit.

Buy the USGI replacement parts.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Knights Armament makes a very nice one that mounts to the front sight tower, and has the QD option.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Aftermarket ain't gunna fit.

Buy the USGI replacement parts.
View Quote

That seems to be a problem.  They all come with a rivet to attach them.  How do I use the rivet without a rivet gun?  I've never seen a rivet used without a special tool.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Roll pins work too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not order a side sling mount?  The kind that wraps around your barrel, underneath the site tower.  I just picked up another one from Steve at [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO Firearms[/url] for $28.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
GG&G makes a clamp one one too.

The USGI is held in place with a roll pin.

I might have an extra around here some place.

I'm off for the week-end.  If I find it when I get back I'll email you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The USGI is held in place with a roll pin.
View Quote

NO!  The USGI is held in with a type of rivet - there is never a roll pin for a USGI rifle.

Cheap vendors use roll pins.

The proper rivet does not use a rivet 'pop gun' it requires a hammer and a tool like a pin punch (there is a special one for the job - but I'm sure you could substitute).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top