Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 5:56:49 PM EDT
Was surfing thru eBay when I say this item for sale. Looked interesting with no minimum bid and no reserve until I read the attached description. Took a while to copy it I was laughing so hard. You guys make the call.

This auction is for a barrel to a rifle. I think it will fit an AR15 or M16 but cannot guarantee that. I hope someone who can use it will recognize it. It has no markings on it so I don't know who made it. I don't know much about these so I will describe it as best I can. The main barrel piece is about 13" long It has some nozzle thing at the front. Next is a sort of triangular piece which looks like it might be able to attach to a tripod. Next is the heavy plastic breather shield thing around the barrel. This has six holes on each of two opposite sides. At the end (closest tot the user) is a metal piece which sticks out and has gear-type teeth on the inside of it. Two of the gear spaces are bigger than the other six. Four other pieces come with this barrel. There is a round plastic piece inside of which is a metal spacer thing that seems to offer tension. Inside these 2 is another gear-type gizmo but this has its teeth on the outside. The final piece is a thin metallic tube that I think is supposed to eject the gases. I don't know how that fits into the barrel. This unit has not been used. Age unknown. THERE IS NO RESERVE ON THIS AUCTION. Buyer pays $10.00 shipping and included insurance to U.S. addresses (except Hawaii and Alaska). All sales are final. The only acceptable forms of payment are money order, cashier's check or Paypal (preferred). NO PERSONAL CHECKS. I will be happy to combine winning bids by the same bidder to save on shipping costs. Please email me if you won more than one item. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The description matches the pic-- I don't wonder how they got the handguards on sideways without a delta ring installed.

For those interested, I found the auction:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3609203126&category=31709[/url]

[b]Let the buyer beware of the [red]ATF[/red][/b] if he installs the commando barrel on a non-registered SBR. Its a grey area regarding how readily convertable to SBR status just a sub-16" barrel is, but if they install it on an upper, the buyer will be in the same situation that found another AR owner in violation of the NFA in [url=http://www.law.emory.edu/11circuit/may99/97-8425.man.html] US v. Kent[/url].

It will be interesting to see how high the bidding goes above $145 in the next 8 days for what you can buy from just about anyone for the same money.

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me of a listing I saw out there once. Guy was selling a shop manual for an Harley-Davidson Sportster. Apparently he'd run into some real idiots.  His terms ran something like:

"1) I will only accept US postal money orders.
Note: A 7-11 is not the US Post Office, neither is a bank. You get US postal money orders at the US Post Office. Canadian postal money orders are also not US postal money orders, don't send them.

2) I will only ship to US addresses.
Note: That means addresses in the United States only. Canada is not apart of the US.

3) I will only ship via USPS.
Note: UPS is not the USPS, neither is FedEX. Don't ask me to ship UPS or FedEx.

4) If you don't understand any of the above you don't need this manual. You are obviously too stupid to work on your bike by yourself. Take it to a qualified mechanic."

Man, I wished I'd saved that page!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top