Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 3:02:45 PM EDT
 I recently picked up a bunch of brass that is stamped LC 98 with the Nato Stamp (cross in a circle).

I am assuming this is Lake City brass.  Right or Wrong ??

Is it 5.56 or .223  ??  

I know this next part is a little out of the AR world, but I picked up some remanufactured .308 that also has the LC/date and Nato Stamp.
 I fired a few rounds in my 700PSS and a couple of them jammed in the chamber after firing.  I thought I was going to break the bolt trying to extract them.  Are these rounds 7.62x51 or .308 ??

Thanks for the info  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you with the 5.56 vs .223, but I size the LC brass in my .223 dies and run it through my Ruger 77.

Accuracy seem to be on par with any other brass I've used.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Since they are LC cases, they should of started out as 5.56 and 7.62x51 loaded ammo. Now the brass could of been reloaded into .223 or .308 specs, but if you are going to reload them you can do it anyway you wish.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're sizing and trimming the cases then what difference does it make?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top