Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 1:59:34 PM EDT
I just saw what I would characterize as the most "tense" television interview I have ever seen on CNN...

Wayne LaPierre (sp?) of the NRA was just interview by Kyra Phillips... giving the NRA the chance to respond to yesterdays AWB story...and before he said anything else, he came right out and accused John Cirella (sp?) (the CNN reporter that was with the AK toting sheriff) of falsifying the details of his report... which he followed by calling on CNN to fire him, just as the NY Times has recently done with their lying reporter...

I'm on Wayne's side here, but he might have used a slightly more subtle approach... he got too emotional, and if I may say, came off like a bit of a jerk...

Kyra outright said they were stopping the interview when LaPierre wouldn't back down...

Once they got "past" that... Wayne's point was that there is no functional difference (what he called the "performance characteristics")  between banned and non-banned firearms, and that the report yesterday was deliberately crafted to make it appear like "machineguns" were at the heart of the issue... which we all know they're not...

CNN also ran some of the dissenting e-mails that they got from viewers in response to the story yesterday...

FYI.

STP.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
There is currently a poll on CNN about the AWB.

LOOK under Wolff Blitzer's page.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
La Pierre gets WAY too emotional...I've seen him lose it on more than one occasion.  Unfortunately, I think that contributes to the sheeple's view that gun owners are flaky, or irrational.  It's one thing to stand on principle and not back down, but I agree that there are times when a more subtle approach would work.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, on one hand I'm fine with it.

It's about time the NRA got a bit more aggressive.

HOW MANY TIMES has some overly emotional antigunner been allowed to go off on a tyraid while trying to rally up emotion?    Thing is when the liberal smacktards get all emotional the media won't shut them up and threaten to end the interview because the two are in bed with eachother.

When a liberal does it, they are compasionate concerned citizens who are sick of seeing children die.

When a conservative does it, they are heartless right wing wackos who are in the pockets of the gun industry and don't care how many people die.

Maybe the CNN stunt combined with Wayne's passionate response was what some gun owners were wanting to see?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wayne LaPierre getting emotional! I missed that.

Usually he sucks in interviews cause he is sooo wooden.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ban them all , support outlawing them all who are we kidding here... sooner the better

MONGO
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that... I wasn't expecting such an exciting interview during daytime tv.. :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I missed the inteview because I never watch CNN.  They are nothing but a bunch of liberals running that station...like most other stations.  FOX News is the best by far.  They are far more conservative than the others.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ban them all , support outlawing them all who are we kidding here... sooner the better

MONGO
View Quote

huh...?

STP.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top