Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 5:00:35 PM EDT
I'm posting this here since I didn't know where else to post it.  I've put a story up along with a downloadable video we taped at the AUSA 2003 Winter Symposium on the Tavor TAR-21 Commando Carbine and Tavor-2 Subcarbine on DefRev(DefenseReview.com): www.defensereview.com.
<p>
You can go directly to the Tavor story and video by clicking on this link:

www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=324

To successfully download and play the video, you must follow the instructions laid out in the story and you will need an MPEG II decoder on your system.  

For those able to successfully download and play the video, we are very interested in getting your feedback.  Please feel free to email me at [email protected].  We'd like to continue to provide this kind of material on DefRev for our members and readers.  We're still trying to build our membership, by the way.  Thanks, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of the Tavor, has anyone heard any news regarding the civilian version that Barrett was going to produce? I emailed Barrett a month ago, and received a vague reply. I'm hoping this rifle will be produced domestically, as it may very well be the finest bullpup ever designed. Perhaps Barrett & IMI are waiting for the final outcome of the AWB.

I'll be ready to buy one if or when they do...
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
NOOOOOOO NOT BULLPUPS. TAKE IT AWAY, TAKE IT AWAY.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
ZRH,

I'm not crazy about bullpups, either.  That said, this one had pretty good ergonomics and some nice features.  I liked the light weight, the integral MARS reflex red dot optical gunsight, the flip-up back-up iron sights, and the overall feel of the weapons.

The real question, however, is how do they shoot, i.e. how do they handle during full-auto strings, and how reliable(under adverse conditions) and accurate are they?  Also, how durable are they? I don't yet know the answers to these questions, but I will try to find out, and provide more video.

I still want to hear everyone's feedback on the video.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Any desire out there for us to conduct a shooting test on video?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Well since 1986 most americans havent worried about owning FA weapons.

Personally I would love to try one of those FN P90s.

Dont stop linking this stuff though. :)
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any desire out there for us to conduct a shooting test on video?
View Quote

I'm interested. I'd like some objective test reports from someone outside IMI/IDF. Video would be great, too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Love the site, btw. Been sneaking around there once in awhile, great for finding leads on all the obscure goodies i look for.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well since 1986 most americans havent worried about owning FA weapons.

View Quote

i believe there is/will be a semi-auto version, just a matter of importation. David could probably say better than i, but i believe it was rumored IMI was talking about setting up shop stateside for the Tavors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I like it!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Howabout a Bushmaster m17 with the works from kurts kustum firearms, any thought.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top