Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2003 2:50:25 AM EDT
Pickup up my first AR15 last week, a Bushmaster E2S Shorty.   I'm thinking of buying the 20" upper (target). Is there any difference in the receivers between the Shorty and the target?  In other words, if I bought the 20" target rifle, would the receiver be the same as the one on the shorty?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:10:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Normal terminolgy with ARs is upper receiver and lower receiver, FWIW. If I understand your question the answer is no...., there is no difference between the LOWER receiver of either.

One of the beauties, IMO of the AR-15 platform is the ability to swap upper receivers for different applications. Kindof like have a full set of golf clubs and pulling out the one that best suits your needs at the time.

You can have a M4, 20" DCM/CMP, or a long range 24" SPR upper receiver and all will work with the lower ya now own, (one exception being the different sized front pivot pins of early Colts, old SP1 types).

Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Always thought the lower was the receiver, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad there's no difference. I assume the stock would be the same size too. Will definitely be getting a 20" upper in the near future.

Thanks again
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top