Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 6:55:45 PM EDT
I have a Bushy Disipator that I love.  I will be dressing it out a bit over the next few months as more of a battle/SHTF rifle. ( Light and or aimpoint).

I am also looking for a long range scoped AR and was looking at the V-Match Bushy.  I also saw a few Fultons that looked interesting.  The first question is 16 or 20"?  Is there a real difference out to 200 yards?  If there is a difference and I look at the Fultons is one barrel and twist any better than any other for more or less standard type ammo?  I saw a number of differnt twists offered but am not sure of the overall effect.  I still have some homework to do, but love to hear your opinions.  

BTW one of the reasons that I may look at a Fulton is that they are a local company in a state that frowns on such things.  I bought a Bushy both for quality and to thumb my nose at the lawyers in the next county to my south that want to put all gun companies out of business.  Someday I want one from all of the top notch makers ..... oh--- if I only had the money!!!!!

Thanks for you help,

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, I am a bit slow.  I just read the FAQ and it looks like 1:9 is the way to go for my needs.  

As for everything else, I still want your input.

Thanks

Butch
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would never own anything Fulton-Armory made..... and thats all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Just make sure you are free floated, match barrell, with a good warranty.  I have a 16 match barrell ff,  other than my scope sux because the cross in my scope seems to cover up
allot of the target at 100yds I still can get a easy 1.5-2 inch group.  IMHO if you want jagged holes you have to go with top of the line optics.  You cannot shoot what you cannot see, and i want try and see the hole..  I have my eye out for a good deal on a (not going to mention brands) scope for my rifle.  Sadly enough the darn thing will almost cost as much as the rifle.  But I will use it for the rest of my life......

Prosise
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
What ever rifle type you decide to get, get another Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
My Fulton Predator is the finest upper I own, including three other Bushmasters.  All my lowers are Bushy, however!  

There are reasons I wouldn't look to Fulton for a General Purpose rifle, though, the lack of a chrome chamber and bore being foremost.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top