Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 6:40:46 AM EDT
From the Baptist Press article at: www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=15889

FIRST-PERSON: Ninth turns its guns on the Second
May 9, 2003
By Kelly Boggs
McMINNVILLE, Ore. (BP)--"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention," a bumper sticker I once saw read. If the response to a recent ruling by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is any indication, much of America's media is lacking in the attention department. As a result, many Americans are being deprived of an opportunity to be outraged.

On May 6, the justices of the Ninth Circuit, whose jurisdiction covers the western portion of the United States, let stand a ruling that declared the Second Amendment does not give individuals the right to bear arms. The court decided "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" does not extend to an individual, only to a collection of individuals and then only when armed by, and acting in behalf of, the government

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I read that too. But the 9th circuit is known for its crackheaded rulings. Remember these people are "responsible" for Kaliforniastan.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Right. Because the words "the people" only mean individuals in Amendments 1,4,5,9, and 10. The 2nd is *special*.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno ... there are a couple of good things about this.

1) it almost forces a SCOTUS case because the 9th and 5th now have opposite positions which, accoring to its own rules, forces SCOTUS to take the case.

2) the media not noticing, tells me that they may start to believe that the country wouldnt celebrate such a thing and they would find themselves in a bad position.

Loch
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top