Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 5:19:50 PM EDT
Up until now I really haven't considered RRA to be a contenda! What are your experiences with their products? Anything special about them? Any problems with costomer support? I broke down and finally went to their site and noticed that they are substatially lower in cost to the Bushies and Colts. Of course they would be. Speak up guys let me know....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
My gun is built on a RRA LAR-15 lower receiver w/ A2 trapdoor buttstock. It is just as quality as the Bushies, Armalites and Colts I considered and looked at.

I saved a lot of $$$$$$$ (compared to the others) and I still have a quality post ban sport utility rifle.

I would reccomend RRA.

Hope this helps.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The STOCK 2 stage trigger in my RRA standard a2 beats the puss out of ANY Armalite 2 stage in their natl. match guns!

I love mione. Great fit and finish. FEELS solid, not "rattley" like a few company AR-type rifles...

I bust clay pidgeons with mine @ 90 yds w/ the irons. I love it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The RRA CAR handguards on my 16" flattop upper are ill-fitting and have a lot of flash left from the molding process.  All the metalwork looks fine though, and they don't affect the function of the rifle, but I would certainly consider that aspect of the finish less than perfect, FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a 16" A2 upper and a 20" DCM upper and love them both.  Fit and finish are superb and never had a problem with them functioning.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I just purchased an RRA about two months ago and couldn't be more pleased.  I looked seriously at Bushmaster prior to purchasing but I couldn't get a rifle configured exactly as I wanted it except through RRA.  I also considered building my own but couldn't find chrome-line bores in any of the kits.  I ended up getting my RRA made-to-order and have been extremely pleased!  I've posted a pic of what it currently looks like.  

Please feel free to IM or e-mail me if you have any questions.  Or better yet, contact ArmyInf (aka Lane St. John).  I purchased the rifle through him and he was awesome to deal with.  He answered a million of my questions and gave me a great deal on the rifle and some extras!  E-mail me if you would like his contact info.

Thanks!

Drivie

[IMG]http://members.cox.net/~drivie/images/RRA_small.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I made three purchases through RRA.

1)  I bought a lower with NM trigger in it thorugh a local dealer.  It took a while (maybe 2-3 weeks) but when it arrived it was perfect.  Zero complaints on product.

2)  I bought a NM 2 stage trigger for a different lower I have.  I installed it wrong (trust me, this isn't easy to do).  Talked to custo service on the phone.  They sent a second trigger.  On reinstall, I realized MY mistake.  I called and fessed up.  They said fine, just send back a trigger.  I kept it and paid for 2.  I put the second one in a different lower.  very good experience with customer service.

3)  I bought a NM upper for NRA hipower shooting.  Took about 2-3 weeks to get.  they were very helpful discussing sight options and stuff.  The upper arrived and was configured as ordered and in perfect shape.  On the RRA  lower it shoots wonderfully.  Way better than I can with irons.  I "think" the sights might be 1/3 MOA instead of 1/4 MOA, but then again, I might not be able to really tell with iron sights.

overall, I would rate RRA with the Colts and Bushmasters for quality and customer service.   If the price is lower - that is a  bonus.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I just purchased a RRA Elite LE Tactical CAR A4 and I love it!  Fit and finish is great!  Customer Service were also great!  Before I bought my rifle I looked at Colt and Bushmaster.  RRA was the pick for me.  Plus the lower cost.  They offer a Lifetime warranty as well.  

I recommend Rock River highly!

Hope that helps...

[img]http://imagelex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=1314964[/img]

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an RRA A2 config. Little tack driver w/open sights. I have an RRA lower on my .300/.221 Fireball. haven't shot it yet, but fit and finish seem great.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#9]
My RRA has excellent fit and finish. The color is a very nice deep black and there is no slop between the upper and lower.

It rates as good or better than any other manufacturer's rifles (Colt, Bushmaster) that I have handled.

I'll toss in a pitch for Pete in NH. In my experience he's a great guy with excellent service and prices on RRA stuff.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an RRA A2 lower.

THe fit and finish are top shelf.  RRA is one of the better deals going, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I built one using one of Pete's "US PROPERTY" marked lowers, flat-top uppers, & one of their new chrome-lined barrels.  It shoots just as good (if not better) than my Bushy, & definitely looks better.  Quality right up there w/ Armalite.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I purchased a Pete in NH custom RRA upper for my Colt lower.  Fit and finish are perfect.  Good groups 1" w/factory ammo @100, should improve after first cleaning and use of handloads.  I would buy another.
FYI I have a Colt and Bushmaster also, I would also recommend them.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm normally one of those "Buy Bushmaster" types, but RRA and Armalite are the only other brands I consider equal (or better). I'd make sure you get a chrome lined barrel, but other than that RRA is top notch.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a complete RRA lower in Dec. 01. I put it on a surplus M16A1 upper. I am sold on RRA. Finish fit and function are top shelf. I have owned Colts, and Bushmasters, I will never pay those prices again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top