Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 3:29:14 PM EDT
Bushmaster XM15 E2S V Match Carbine, what do you think. I was going for versatile, fun and Varmint.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is V-Match 20" barrel...very satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Before you buy the V Match look at the Varminter.  It has a much better trigger and shoots like nothing I've owned before.  I just traded guns a couple of weeks ago from a Colt SP-1 the Bushmaster Varminter and when working up loads for the Bushy the second group of 3 was only .285 inch.  The 3rd group was .3 of an inch.  (55 Gr Hornady V-Max sp, 27.3gr Varget, Lake City brass & CCI 450 primer.  I can't tell you how tickled I am with this gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
That was my choice too as a first AR. Look at what I ended up doing to it:

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/themao/AR2.jpg[/img]

It doesn't make much sense to put an Eotech and an ARMS 40 on a friggin target rifle, eh? [:D]

I'm probably going to put a scope on that upper, and I'll invest in a M-16 post ban clone upper at some point. I want to learn iron sight shooting, and I don't like the flip-up sights on there now since there's no elevation adjustment outside of changing the height of the front post, which is a pain in the arse.

Point is, if you get this carbine, make sure you scope it and change the trigger. If you are going varmit hunting, get the 20" version. If you want to go all out, get the 24" Varmit rifle, although I think that's overkill to be honest. 20" will work fine.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Themao,

If you do get a scope but want a good iron sight back up that's fully adjustable, I'd recommend you try the Knight's Armament 200-600m flip up sight.  It's more expensive, but well worth it for the added adjustment capabilities.

[img]www.auction-pix.com/lane/SPRRIronU.jpg[/img]

I agree that the ARMS #40's 600m sighting method sucks.  The only reason I use one on my M4 is bacause it's the only one that fits with the SIR.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I went from a Bushy E2S shorty w/AK break to the V-Match carbine in 16".  

I noticed a big improvement in accuracy still using the EoTech that I had on the Bushy shorty.  

So much so that I now have a Leupold VXII 3X9X40 Tactical scope.  I also reload and I'm getting some good groupings out to 300 yds.  I probably won't shoot past that distance with a 16" barrel.  (That's why I have my .308 bolt guns for.)

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Very good choice. I got one with afluted barrel & it is very accurate, lite& quick.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Its a great gun. I agree, get a fluted barrel. HBARs are needlessly heavy. I also chose to get a flat top.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p12d70d29d0df81a5a73a4b6e79a7ebb8/fdcdb0a9.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top