Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2002 8:48:28 PM EDT
Here are a couple pictures with it on so anybody thinking of getting one can pick it up. I bought it more just out of curiousity than anything else. I ALWAYS shoot w/hearing protection. I figured it wouldn't be bad to keep just in case though. At $4.99 (on the website) it wasn't too difficult a decision. Now I see it for $2.99 in their latest catalog!

Bushy w/the 10rd mag. (I have plenty of 20 & 30 USGI's now)

http://www.fototime.com/{A86D5D82-C828-4DCE-BAE9-DD60296D3C51}/picture.JPG

Diverter installed:

http://www.fototime.com/{EF0D7C02-176D-4117-B070-2068160267AA}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{BC8B1D0C-2796-4FB8-B508-9B5C00DCE825}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{141FC373-C43F-452C-837B-83B999D0273B}/picture.JPG

It has 2 hex screws you just tighten them. Seems pretty snug. Should be interesting to try it out & see if there is much difference.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Device is less than usefull.  The only purpose I see to it is to prevent blasting neighboring shooters (say during a class).

Do not use it if there is overhead cover unless you like LOUD NOISES.  The 'blast' is now directed straight up and get reflected back (where before it just went out to the sides).

WHen I tried it not only did I notice it was louder - but the guys shooting next to me also thought it was louder (and they were next to me when I was shooting with the exposed brake earlier!).

The other problem with the device is you get too much muzzle drop.  That's right - insted of steadying the rifle or reducing the rise - you'll get the muzzle forced DOWN after each shot.  IMHO that is worse than muzzle rise - especially if you're in the prone position.

BTW did I mention I'll be giving mine away to the first person who wants it at the next MD AR-15 Shoot?  I upgraded my AK brake to a KKF A3 tac brake!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Device is less than usefull.  The only purpose I see to it is to prevent blasting neighboring shooters (say during a class).

Do not use it if there is overhead cover unless you like LOUD NOISES.  The 'blast' is now directed straight up and get reflected back (where before it just went out to the sides).

WHen I tried it not only did I notice it was louder - but the guys shooting next to me also thought it was louder (and they were next to me when I was shooting with the exposed brake earlier!).

The other problem with the device is you get too much muzzle drop.  That's right - insted of steadying the rifle or reducing the rise - you'll get the muzzle forced DOWN after each shot.  IMHO that is worse than muzzle rise - especially if you're in the prone position.

BTW did I mention I'll be giving mine away to the first person who wants it at the next MD AR-15 Shoot?  I upgraded my AK brake to a KKF A3 tac brake!
View Quote

Yeah I noticed it moves the blast upwards rather than out the sides. I haven't tried it yet so don't know how well it works. I actually think I'd prefer the 74 brake since out to the sides is more effective & keeps any muzzle flash out of the line of sight. Not to mention I always shoot w/hearing protection. In short I like it just fine the way it is for now. I'm going to wait until '04 to see if the ban sunsets or not. If it does I'll most likely get a 20" A3 upper for it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top