Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2002 12:42:38 PM EDT
BusMaster007 called me on friday and asked what I was doing today Sat. and said he knew where the BLR rifle in .308 I was looking for was and they also had a DPMS AR type rifle  at a good price, if I was so inclined to get one. So I said I would meet him there and check them out.

I Checked out the BLR and it was just what I was looking for!
As for the DPMS, I did some research on them, and they seem to be a high quality rifle, this model was fitted with a bull barrel and was in very good condition, but I just had a feeling about the situation. So I looked at where our clerk picked up the rifle and there were some others there, so I asked him what else there was.
AR type in 9mm, an Armalite, pass, then he said "oh yeah! I forgot about this one!"
And he popped up a Bushmaster  XM15 E2S Shorty A3 16" Rifle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!
THAT was the "feeling" I previously had! My dear old Aunt calls it "intuition" and she had it really strong, guess I have it to some degree also (always have).
When I saw it, there was no doubt I would leave with it and the BLR!
Both are used and in great condition, the Bushmaster AR15-A3 has the detachable carry handle that I will soon replace with a scope mount. It also came with a 10 round and a 30 round magazine.
After years of loading hunting rifles after getting out of a vehicle and ejecting rounds when returning every time, I finally bought the rifle I have been wanting, a lever action carbine, with a magazine feed and in .308 caliber.
This one also will be fitted for one of my scopes.
The deal was the deal, I originally went to look at just the Browning and also a DPMS brand AR15 type rifle, but then I had the Bushmaster in front of me.
I sorted through several magazines for the AR15 and found a couple of 20 round (colt brand)and one 30 round magazine that fit well. (All were metal)
I laid it all out on the counter and asked for a deal on the overall purchase, the prices asked were actually really good to begin with but I asked anyway. Overall, I did get an additional discount for everything on top of the good original prices.
$745 for the  XM15 E2S Shorty A3 16" Rifle
$450 for the BLR
$20 for each magazine (oh well)
So for just over $1300 including tax I happily strode out the door!
BusMaster007 was even happier than I was I think, but not by much I guarantee!
A good day shopping with out a doubt!
And thanks for the tip to meet you there BusMaster007! Now on to the accessories!

Link Posted: 11/18/2002 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Prospector you lucky dog you !!  Sounds like you got one hell of deal. Enjoy it

SaFe ShOoTiNg
Jerry
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top