Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2002 10:53:20 PM EDT
What's the consensus on Cav Arms rifles?  Are the lowers decent?  I'm looking at one right now, but I'm not too keen on the one part furniture/receiver thing.  Is this really an issue?  Are they as versatile as other lowers?  Meaning, can I add any ol' upper I can find to complete the rifle?  Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a search for Cav Arms and you'll find lots of info.  I personally love my Cav-15.  No problems at all.  The one piece stock is more comfortable to me.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not done business with this company but hear they are fine folks.  Can't recall much negative on any of the boards.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't yet, but I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
They sure had an ugly truck at the BRC!!!!

I fired one of their rifles (full auto) at the BRC and it was great! I like the one piece lower/stock, and will probably buy one someday (other priorities for now...). Great guys too..
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the general consensus is that they're more than adequate, eh?  I'll take that into consideration while I think about picking up this lower.  Thanks.

Hey, if I do end up getting it, maybe I'll turn into more than just a lurker on this board, lol.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got my CAV lower mated up to a generic m-4 upper, and I love it. I will be getting more of their products.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My buddy and I both bought them 2 yrs ago and they're great.

Customer service can't be better.

I would not hesitate to get another one (and I'm working on that).

Dave
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#8]
i love mine.  one of the BEST features about it is that if you need to cut a hole, add some accessory or any other mod, you don't have to refinish it.   it's the same color all the way through it.  never had a problem with mine.

-luke
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Questions on Cav lower: 1) What does a lower/stock combo weigh (stripped or complete?). 2) Can the stock be shortened? If so, how much?

I posted a thread in the Build section on building a lightweight AR. So, I'm interested in how light this lower is.

Thanks,

Greg
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]
CinRG, you mught want to post your questions in the CAV ARMS forum in Industry section. It might take a couple of days to get an answer there, as they have a small staff bt they will bet back to you.

Edited to add: the stock can be shortened to A-1 length I believe, but it is an $50 (I think)option.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#11]
So, is $200 a good price for a complete lower?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
$200 is a superb price, it is listed as $250 on their website.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a group buy going on at full-auto.com. I bought a RRA 9MM from SteyrAug and his customer servie is excellent. They need 6 more guys.

www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002661
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I have two and they are tough and just as reliable as any other manufacturer and lightweight. My favorite of the two has a post-ban Colt carbine lightweight match upper and it is noticeably lighter than my factory pre-ban Colt lightweight match and shoots and function is just as good.

THISISME
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, ok, I'm convinced.  I'm getting it.  It's going to have to be a pay as you go kinda thing for me, though, so next is a couple of mags, then an upper, then appropriate web gear, etc...I'm sure someone here can help me out with those difficult questions when the time comes, eh?

Thanks for the info, btw, it did make a difference in my decision.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Are their lowers composite or just painted to get the color?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#17]
The color is integral to the plastic.

Cavarms also sell 9MMs, OKO sights, and the M96 expeditionary rifle. OKO sights are an option on the group buy rifle. There is a choice between M4 barrel and lightweight.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top