Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 3:40:34 PM EDT
Colt Delta HBAR Grip Question

I have noticed three different grip styles for the Colt Delta HBAR. Standard grip without any insignias, grip with stick on foil insignias and inlaid insignias.

I purchased my Delta HBAR new in 1991 and the factory grips did not have the Delta insignia's on them as shown in the 1991 Colt catalog. When I called Colt back in 1991 and asked them about it they told me they were just foil stickers and sent me a few. See photo below I took yesterday of the original grip that I applied a Delta sticker to. This matches what is shown in the 1991 Colt catalog.

http://www.fototime.com/429DE1E2FCBBD76/standard.jpg

Recently I saw an auction on ebay for a Colt Delta HBAR grip and the seller claimed they had inlayed insignias. If you go to the link you will see that they are considerable smaller than the foil ones Colt sent me.

See link:  cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1854178014

Just curious, does any one know if Colt actually supplied Delta HBAR grips with inlaid insignias?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
SAMan,

Could you post a pix of your entire rifle?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My Delta HBar had the stick on red delta just like in your picture.  They didn't hold up well at all.  IMHO the entire rifle was just a gimmick and way over priced.  My SP1 would badly out shoot my "Delta".  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a picture of my Delta HBAR. The only modifications I have made are Sierra Precision pistol grip, slip grip extender and Milazzo-Krieger two stage trigger.

http://www.fototime.com/15295A304947686/standard.jpg

I have also included a picture of my Range Selected HBAR. This model replaced the Delta HBAR and was only offered in 1992.

http://www.fototime.com/584DD3B8C950B96/standard.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch-Six, I am very pleased with my Delta HBAR. It will shoot 3/4 inch or less groups at 100 yards all day.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
SAMan:

Yes, Colt did supply some Deltas with the inlaid insignias but only for a limited time. It seems you see more with the stickers that fall very easily.

I am in the process of trying to acquire a Delta myself does the serial number on your rifle begin with the letters "SP".

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
ColtCustomM4,

Thanks for the answer on the inlaid insignias. I don't use the stock pistol grip, but Colt gave me a strip of the Delta insignias so I will be able to mark the original grip if I ever sell my Delta HBAR.

Regarding the serial number, the Delta HBAR starts with MH and the Range Selected model starts with CH. I have seen next to nothing written about the Range Selected HBAR. I guess they did not sell very many.

BTW, I find it interesting that my Delta HBAR has a serial number that is 17,000 higher than a Match HBAR I bought 6 months earlier, but the Delta HBAR has the slab sided mag well while the older Match HBAR has the raised fence.

SAM
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top