Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2002 11:39:32 AM EDT
These guys dont have a clue about customer service. I ordered a PCR-SM 1:8 twist broach cut upper 6 weeks ago, I called today to check the status of the order. apparently they dont know how long it takes to make a barrel, let alone a complete upper. The guy said "its up to the barrel shop to determine how long it takes." ME-"does the barrel shop have a phone number?" OLY rep-"in a perfect world, they would have a phone number, expect at least 2 more months, maybe SIX." THATS WHEN I GOT PISSED!, next ME-"you know I can get a DPMS in 2 days." OLY rep, ya but its not an OLYMPIC broach cut"...ME-"I see, I'LL be cancelling my order then."

What THE F*%k?, at least call the 'barrel shop'.
...damn im pissed, I waited 6 weeks for nothing and im not about to wait "two to six months"(quote).

Now im gonna find a shotgun News and order a DPMS or Bushmaster upper DCM style. god dammit.

Gaspain
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yea the OLY rep didnt give a shit I was cancelling my order....(SIGH) NO broach cut for me, no $600 for them.

Gaspain
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#2]
That's nothing. I ordered a complete upper from Bushmaster last July. It didn't get to me until just after Feb. 1st. That's right, 9 months. I'm glad I waited though. The thing shoots VERY well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
hey you are not the only one,i'm still waiting for a bolt catch that i call oly after it broke
and they said it was on there way,about 6 weeks ago and i have to order from some other manufacture when i never receive anything from oly!
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That's nothing... I ordered a CAR kit from J&T on a Wednesday, it was shipped on Thursday, and I received it the following Monday.  It was well packaged, all parts excellent quality.  I assembled the parts with my stripped lower, and fired it at the range, Wednesday.  Perfect functioning.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
If you go through one of any of these manufacturer's distributors, you'll find they get preferential treatment and can get most any gun you want within 2 weeks.

That's why.  All those folks focus on the big picture.  taking care of people who take care of them - folks with a license to sell their stuff.  Go through their people and things go smoother.

No matter what the gun or item, I've never waited more than two weeks.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I am an Oly dealer and when I contacted them about ordering two of their new high-end PCR-1P's they told me there would be a 6 month wait on a 1:8 twist barrel.  It's my understanding that when they cut a barrel at a 1:8 twist they have to re-calibrate their machines which is a pain...so they simply wait until they have enough of a back log to justify doing this.  My sales rep told me they normally wind up filling those back orders about 2 to 3 times a year.  

The back log sucks, but the accuracy makes up for it if you can wait.  However, my customer couldn't wait so I did some research and wound up quoting and selling a couple of the nice DPMS 24 specials...I was impressed enough with the write ups that I went ahead and ordered one for myself too.  I'll have to let you know how it shoots.

Just to confirm, Oly really doesn't play favorites.  They fill orders as they receive them and there's no cutting in line.  I'm not saying this because I'm a dealer either...I have experience. :)

I'm sorry you had a bad time with their sales rep too.  I normally deal with either Curt or Jeff and they are both great to work with and are straight with me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe you're right.

But it's an in-state thing.  But I can find Oly Arms ARs in several places around Seattle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
They do have great availability right now on their standard rifles.  The last few orders I've placed with them have shipped within just a day or two.  It's those darned special barrel jobs that are killing me as a dealer and pissing poor guys like this off!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to DPMS.
Not to pimp them but they are good.
And no I do not work for them.

www.dpmsinc.com

edit:..:... ever see the movie "fargo"
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered my 6mm PPC barrel from them in January 2002.  They said it was a 6 month wait.  Well, it's August.... and still waiting.  They did say that I'd be the 1st to get one when one is done....

Granted, it's an odd ball- 6mm PPC, 1:9 twist, 24" stainless steel in the H-bar profile.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered an OA93 pistol upper from them in March, was told there is a 6-week lag, and finally got it a week ago (roughly 5 months).  They didn't reply to any of my e-mail messages during the wait either.  I guess I should be thankful because I did end up with it.  Anyway, no repeat business here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know why they told you your OA93 would only take 6 weeks.  There's always been a waaaaay long lead time on those puppies.

Now that you have it though, how do you like it?  I've never shot one myself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Why does hearing about these situations not even cause me to blink an eye?
With Oly, its always something.
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
(SNIP, SNIP)    

They didn't reply to any of my e-mail messages during the wait either.
(SNIP, SNIP)

Yup, that's what they did or didn't do.  I emailed and emailed.  Nada.  So I just called.....

The nearest dealer for me is about a 2 hour drive (round trip, not counting 'browsing').
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top