Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 6:04:10 PM EDT
Have the opportunity to pull the trigger on one of these 2 optics. Both are 2.5-10x32.

I know NF is regarded as the more desirable optic, but it is double the price. Just seeing if there is an argument to be made for the Vortex over the NF.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nightforce is a nicer tougher optic, and you generally get what you pay for in optics.  That said I am a huge fan of the Gen II Razor series from vortex, but compared to the PST it isn;t even close.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
Nightforce is a nicer tougher optic, and you generally get what you pay for in optics.  That said I am a huge fan of the Gen II Razor series from vortex, but compared to the PST it isn;t even close.
View Quote

Thanks, shot you a PM
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Which models?  I love my Nightforce and will buy another for my next rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:
View Quote

NXS and PST respectively.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SDB666:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The Nightforce will outlive the PST. They also are very reliable in all aspects.  Nightforce comes with an illuminated reticle but for some reason they may not on the low magnification level ones. I heard that somewhere but never confirmed it.  Someone should be able to confirm that though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]

The Nightforce will outlive the PST. They also are very reliable in all aspects.  Nightforce comes with an illuminated reticle but for some reason they may not on the low magnification level ones. I heard that somewhere but never confirmed it.  Someone should be able to confirm that though.
View All Quotes

The SHV has versions without illumination. All NXS should have it. Although they aren't daylight visible.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#7]
For bench and prone vortex. For field and combat nf.
That's my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By aelliott09:

For bench and prone vortex. For field and combat nf.

That's my opinion.
View Quote

The PST series is a pretty far leap to nightforce options.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FlyNavy75:

The SHV has versions without illumination. All NXS should have it. Although they aren't daylight visible.
View All Quotes

I can see mine on my F1 during the day as long as I'm not look in the direction of the sun and it doesn't bloom to much at night.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]

I can see mine on my F1 during the day as long as I'm not look in the direction of the sun and it doesn't bloom to much at night.
View All Quotes

Neither of mine are (5.5-22, 2.5-10) unless the background is dark and even then it depends on the amount of light at the time.  But I don't have a fancy F1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
As far as clarity I can't tell a difference between the pst and nightforce. It's all about ruggedness after that
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top