Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2018 10:07:59 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

I put together a video on my channel of a cheap and simple DIY Rifle Cheek Rest that I have been using for years.  Figured I would put it here in hopes of helping others out for ideas.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/DA5pqe2LljE
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing. It doesn't look as hard as I anticipated. (I am not very crafty )
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What I used for raising the rest was pipe insulation cut in half..it doesn't fatten the stocks width so much but easily raises your rest...good video OP..
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the comments!

Just trying to share some helpful and cheap tips.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Try using a piece of a SAM splimt its about an 1/4" thick and works well. Ive used it a few times on rifle stocks with no adjustable combs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By divermedic68:
Try using a piece of a SAM splimt its about an 1/4" thick and works well. Ive used it a few times on rifle stocks with no adjustable combs.
View Quote
Damn!  That's a good idea.  Did you put the foam side up or down?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TXBO:

Damn!  That's a good idea.  Did you put the foam side up or down?
View Quote
Its foam on both sides. It surrounds a malleable piece of aluminum inside. Cut the size piece you wamt amd mold it to the cheek piece then once molded, use some gorilla glue to keep in place. You can stack them also if you need to.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By divermedic68:

Its foam on both sides. It surrounds a malleable piece of aluminum inside. Cut the size piece you wamt amd mold it to the cheek piece then once molded, use some gorilla glue to keep in place. You can stack them also if you need to.
View Quote
LOL!  Yea, it's been buried at the bottom of my kit.  I hadn't looked at it in years.

Thanks again for the great tip.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TXBO:

LOL!  Yea, it's been buried at the bottom of my kit.  I hadn't looked at it in years.

Thanks again for the great tip.
View Quote
Anytime
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
That works pretty well.

Tried it on a Savage blaster. Had a piece of foam, $2 for a roll of wrap.  Used less than half the roll. So, for about a dollar, it works great.

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hilljack:
That works pretty well.

http://photos.dragunov.us/i.ashx?&mid=103827632&mt=Photo&standardsize=900x560

Tried it on a Savage blaster. Had a piece of foam, $2 for a roll of wrap.  Used less than half the roll. So, for about a dollar, it works great.

Thanks man.
View Quote
Awesome, man!  Too easy and cheap...that's why I love it.  Plus, over time, you will get a little notch there where your cheek kind of sets and it's just another good anchor point so you are set up the same every time.  Glad you liked it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
that's a really good idea, thank you
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Watching it now!  I'm going to try this when I get my high scope rings.

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Just watched it. Great idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top