Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2020 12:52:37 PM EDT
I'm shopping around for a new trigger for a Remington 700.  I shoot mostly benchrest with it but about to start some PRS.  You guys have any advice on getting a single or two stage trigger?  I don't have any experiences using a two stage so not sure what exactly I would be getting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
2 stage are great where you're trying to avoid ND's. I find that they're fantastic when you plan to be on your feet while firing. Outside of that, I tend to go with single stage down to about 1.5lbs of trigger pull. If I'm going to go lighter than that then I'll usually go back to double stage. It's all about stopping the ND potential.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSC182] [#2]
I prefer a single stage on my bolt gun. I use a TriggerTech Special in my PRS gun and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Unabashed 2-stage fan here. I have singles and run them fine, but go for a 2-stage when I can. I like to be able to “marry” my finger to the trigger before breaking the shot, and unlike the majority of shooters these days (or so it seems), I like an AI style trigger best. Right around 2.5lbs total weight with a solid wall between first and second stage, with a clean break. The idea of using a sub-16oz trigger on a PRS rifle seems crazy to me, but some guys like ‘em that way. I prefer a crisp trigger that’s a tad heavier so it’s a little bit safer in the field.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grumpy5] [#5]
To me it depends on what type of rifle I’m shooting. I like two stage triggers in my ARs but like single stage in my bolt action guns. My ARs are mainly used for tactical type shooting. My bolt guns are used for precision shooting with the exception of my LaRue Tactical OBR.

My issued sniper rifles all had 5 lbs triggers and never felt they were too heavy. A well tuned trigger often feels like the pull weight is less than what it really is. Some of my personal guns have triggers in the 2.5 lbs pull weight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top