Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2018 1:21:36 PM EDT
Not trying to start an argument, just looking for a rifle. I have no need, just want a 50. If I only bought guns I needed I wouldn't have most the ones I have lol. Will probably only play around at longer ranges, put it on the self and pass it on when I pass on. No preferences in sigle shot or mag fed. Price is an issue. Would like to stay around 3k. Would give a little more to get alot more lol.. Paying less is always nice. From what I gather the AR50 is well made by a reputable manufactory and has decent accuracy.  Positive thoughts and suggestions appreciated.  Thanks in advance..
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The $3000 is good for the rifle, but then you'll need a scope.  That could run you another $500 to $5000.  A 50 bmg rifle isn't much good without a scope.  That is unless you're shooting it at an indoor range.  

For the rifle, the AR50 is a really good rifle.  But just to let you and others know, the ATF has ruled that an 50 bmg bolt action UPPER must now be considered a firearm and as such it must contain a serial number.  I will post the document if folks want to see it.  They sent letters out to ALL manufacturers who make an upper that will be used on an AR15 lower.  Thus making that rifle a firearm which will then have 2 serial numbers.  One for the lower and one for the upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought I'd just go ahead and post the document.

image hosting website
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't really considered an upper.. I was thinking Armalite AR50.  The 3k +/- would be for the rifle.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at East Ridge Guns  "State Arms". They utilize a Shell Holder bolt, and are very accurate.  I have a highly modified "Shorty", the only original shorty parts are the action, bolt, trigger assembly.

It is bedded in a Manners Carbon Fiber Stock. Has a 34" Federssen Chrome-moly Barrel, with an Armalite AR-50 Brake. It also sports a 30 MOA Steel 1913 Rail, made custom by State Arms.

Best group so far at 1000 yds is 2.438" shot at the FCSA WC this year.  I like the stock chassis it comes in, but I'm disabled and unable to shoot from the prone position. So, it is made into a Bench Gun, and I shoot it in Heavy and Unlimited Classes.

I'd post a picture but cannot find a way to upload it here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top