Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2020 3:39:37 PM EDT
I have had a pact digital scale for many years, but it's time to retire it.My pact has been ok, but not great.I have already had the scale back for warranty  work, and I dont want to go through  that wait again. Does anyone have any suggestions  or recommendations for a new scale.
I have looked at the dillon, rcbs, and hornady,  any experience  with these or others?Any I should avoid?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the old RCBS pact setup, still works great..I also use the new RCBS CM lite, it works even better...when I need charges quick I run both, when normal speeds are fine, I use the CM-L...I also run all charge's over a gem-pro 250 as a check scale..been very happy with the results...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy a cheap one, they don't last and won't hold zero.

I have gone back to balance beam scales and check weights. The only rounds I weigh individually are dedicated 600+ yard ammo. Everything short of that distance gets thrown.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Hornady...  I've had good results with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a cheapo hornady.

So far so good. It's not a high end scale. Typical issues.

I check it against my rcbs beam balance, and it's always +/- .05gr.

It's generally used to weigh an average of 5 charges, adjust measure, weigh 5 more...

When I hit my target weight X 5, I weigh that amount on the rcbs to verify. It really expedites measure setup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RegionRat] [#5]
Is there a budget breakpoint in this question? I ask because there are probably a dozen or more below $300 with many below $100 that are decent.

Also, does it need to be a field portable unit for range use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1b4wVB062c

This is a Youtube video from Johnny's Reloading Bench that goes back to December. He hits some that I know, yet misses several others. These are all budget units but it is informative by helping remind you that not all scales are tailored to reloading (trickling).

Top Top