Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2019 4:41:07 AM EDT
I have a Martin Saber I got as a birthday gift and strung it up today.  It's a 45# (which is what I requested) and I'm having issues drawing and holding at full.

I used to do a lot of archery, both compound and recurve, but it's been awhile and a couple back surgeries since then.  I used to shoot a 45# without any effort so I figured, all things considered, I could get back to that after a fair bit of shooting.  I expected a difficult road to get there but I didn't expect that I wouldn't be able to even bring it to full draw anymore.  My fault for under estimating the strength I've lost in my arms, shoulders and back.

I went to Martin to get a set of 40# limbs so I could work my way back up without injuring myself and developing bad form but the limbs were $150 a set.  I can buy the exact same bow with 40# limbs for $6 more.  I read some various forum posts that said Samick Sage limbs also work in the Saber and are about half the price.

Anyone have experience doing this and if so, what were the results?  Any advice is appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't believe they will.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
We decided to buy the whole new bow for less than the lower poundage limbs cost from Martin.  The new bow was ordered with 40# limbs and will be my sister's.  Let's us both start with the lighter draw weight and me work back up to the 45# I used to shoot.

We went today and got my 45# bow set up and some arrows ready.  She was instantly hooked after shooting it so buying the new bow made more sense.  Works out well because I'll have someone to shoot with me now .

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some 30# limbs that will fit the Sage. If you find 40 is too much let me know. Due to an injury 2 years ago I'm shooting 3D with 20# limbs and hunting with a crossbow from here on it looks like. I'll make you a deal on them. They have not been used much at all.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been able to confirm if Sage Limbs will even fit the Saber but if the 40# is too much I'll get back with you.  The offer is much appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top