Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 4:10:55 PM EDT
Anyone know what to use for a spacer on the front site for the M-1. I have to raise it up in order to get hits on target with slugs. I have the rear sight backed all the way to the rear and still shooting high. Thank You
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
an option;.....I used different height light pipes (next to tallest worked) from the Hi Viz Flashpoint front sight to zero my M1 with a 10/22 rear , dovetailed into the rib...the pipes are triangular ... the small cable tie is not visible when sighting... been on for 9 major matches, with only one pipe failure

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, did you have the stock post sight before the Hi Vis.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
SteveB.... the HiViz front screw replaces the stock front post, I added the black cable tie... I tried it with a clamp on the rib rear for shooting slugs, but it didn't give any adjustment, so I just milled a 10/22 sight in the rib... originally a smaller HiViz fiber optic was tried, but I needed the Flashpoint as it had an assortment of heights and colors for the light pipes....it shoots better than 3" groups at 65m with Fiocchi Aero slugs... I broke one pipe at Ft Benning when I smacked a low port in 2010

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top