Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2018 11:12:34 PM EDT
My wife awhile back signed up to win a free hunt at independence ranch in Texas. Well crazy enough she got an email saying she had won. I started to read some reviews and see a lot of mixed reviews. Does anyone have any hands on experience with them? I’m pretty excited but would like to know what I’m getting into as well. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to sit through a spiel that lasts the entire trip and pertains to a timeshare?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]
i signed up a few months back and i got an email on wednesday saying i won! i dont think winning means free, i think it just means the initial cost is waived
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m willing to bet I can name the ranch.  They do it all the time.  Read the fine print.  It’s most likely gonna cost you 2x the going rate to shoot a pig .  Good luck though. It will be fun
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
And I’m fine with paying something.  I get nothing is truely “free” but I’ve seen a lot of reviews about the place in general not the price if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife awhile back signed up to win a free hunt at independence ranch in Texas. Well crazy enough she got an email saying she had won. I started to read some reviews and see a lot of mixed reviews. Does anyone have any hands on experience with them? I’m pretty excited but would like to know what I’m getting into as well. Thanks!
View Quote
AVOID INDEPENDENCE RANCH AT ALL COSTS.

Seriously, just google this place.  Everyone wins. Nothing is free.  You will regret this if you go.

Look it up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

AVOID INDEPENDENCE RANCH AT ALL COSTS.

Seriously, just google this place.  Everyone wins. Nothing is free.  You will regret this if you go.

Look it up.
View Quote
That’s exactly what I did and why I’m asking and looking for first hand experience. Has anyone actually been there and tried it?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I am 10 miles from I R and will cost you $750-1000 , they try to give you a hunt , then guide tips and cleaning are big bucks
If you go wait until it’s cooler
I would look somewhere else
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just looked at their website.  You are not allowed to clean your own meat (insert joke here) and the cost is a dollar per lb for them to do it.

The website tells me it is not for me, but if shooting a pig is worth $700-$1000 to someone have fun.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If anybody is interested in shooting pigs for 700-1000$ give me a shout .  I’ll get you a truckload for that price .....
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If anybody is interested in shooting pigs for 700-1000$ give me a shout .  I’ll get you a truckload for that price .....
View Quote
People try to pay me in beer or con me into paying them. Then others try to worm their way in for the deer hunting once they've killed a few of the smelly outfits. I have come to the conclusion pig's usually cost me money anyway I turn.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Wouldn't touch the place.  You win by ignoring it, OP
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

People try to pay me in beer or con me into paying them. Then others try to worm their way in for the deer hunting once they've killed a few of the smelly outfits. I have come to the conclusion pig's usually cost me money anyway I turn.
View Quote
My rule of thumb is that the only thing more costly and destructive than hogs are hog hunters...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My rule of thumb is that the only thing more costly and destructive than hogs are hog hunters...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You left out state game biologists they have come to the conclusion that trapping hogs should be outlawed and the state responsible for removing the feral piggy’s. Of course they are applying for more funding to try and launch this program.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#14]
When it comes to expensive and destructive, OBVIOUSLY the goobermint is in a class of it's own!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have it on very good authority that you guys will take the fellas out to get raped and murdered hunt hawgs for gas money and a 12 pack of Natty-Lite...

Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:18:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Buccees beef jerky doesn’t hurt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top