Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 4:59:51 PM EDT
Here goes my first attempt at posting a video.
It's a large sounder at my farm.  I think there were total of 24 hogs of various sizes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7yPgXBzT_N-a7PnYOUsqlA/videos

Let me know if you can see it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm blind op
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I just fixed the link.
It should work now.

ETA. Thank you for posting the vid directly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude... you need claymores!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What's real interesting is the last hog in the sounder.  The big alpha sow stops and stands guard while all the other smaller/younger hogs feed on corn immediately.  She stood guard looking and sniffing the air for about a minute or two before she joined the feeding.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's real interesting is the last hog in the sounder.  The big alpha sow stops and stands guard while all the other smaller/younger hogs feed on corn immediately.  She stood guard looking and sniffing the air for about a minute or two before she joined the feeding.  
View Quote

They don't seem to be stupid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they are not dumb.
I've seen alpha sow's behavior that were very intelligent.  They didn't get to be old by being stupid.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you should invite me down for a hog hunt. I got a new 308 that needs to draw blood and you look like your in central to lower Florida so that ain't too far of a drive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top