Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2022 4:25:48 PM EDT
Setting up for the southern Wisconsin duck opening tomorrow.
One spot I hunt has a beaver cutting corn and making a feed lodge down river,  and the place is loaded with wood ducks.
Would that be considered baiting.?
Beaver slide

Log jam/ feed bed
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the local CO and ask him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What does your state wildlife regs say about baiting?  Don't think it's baiting, per se, because the corn wasn't put there by a human.  Still might be a concern for the game wardens.
Generally, it's a bad thing shooting duck with corn nearby, even if you didn't put it there.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How are you responsible for Nature?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
WI Hunt Regulation: Refer to pg 25

The way I read it, it's more geared towards purposefully placing bait to attract by a person, I do not consider your scenario to be included. There is also reference that: it is legal to hunt over crops that have
been planted as a result of normal agricultural planting, normal agricultural harvest or fields post-harvest.

I think you are okay, but if you are concerned a call to the DNR would clear it up
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Received a text this morning stating that it is an "act of god" and good luck.
As far as the hunt,  one of the worst openings ever.
Fog was so bad that I couldn't see the bow putting decoys out,  but did get a limit of woodys.
Probably saw 10, but heard dozens  
Fog didn't lift until 9:30
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chukar:
Received a text this morning stating that it is an "act of god" and good luck.
As far as the hunt,  one of the worst openings ever.
Fog was so bad that I couldn't see the bow putting decoys out,  but did get a limit of woodys.
Probably saw 10, but heard dozens  
Fog didn't lift until 9:30
View Quote

Hoping to see some woody's tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top