Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2012 11:25:22 AM EDT
I woke up early and decided to try a morning stand. I sat under a lone tree facing my creek with the sun rising behind me. After about 15 minutes of Lightning Jack, I was beginning to think it was a bust. I swapped over to coyote pup distress and this guy came out on the run. I was afraid he was going to over run my foxpro before I got a shot at him. He stopped about 50 feet from the caller, and he looked puzzled about the time I sent a 60gn Vmax through his boiler.

This is my first with the Foxpro and the decoy attachment. It's amazing how he was locked on the decoy. He never looked around at all. This guy won't be eating any more calves!

Sat down with my son this evening under a mesquite, and started off with a dying jackrabbit. Less that 2 minutes this guy was locked on the Foxpro decoy in a dead run out of the brush! That Foxpro is awesome!!!!

I looked around today near where I shot the first one, and it looks like male and a female came through early this morning judging by the tracks in the snow. I'll try that spot in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You guys in Texas have all the fun.  Nice shoot!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
From this angle it looks like a very pretty yote. You gonna have the hide tanned? Good shooting!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]
He does have a beautiful pelt. I skinned him out with my sons help this morning.  I told him we were going to make a coat out of it for him to wear to school. He looked at me like .

I think I'm going to throw the skull in the freezer and get a beetle colony................

There are 5 4 in his pack now, and not far off there is another pack that I know has at least three, maybe more. I'm going to do my best to work them over while I'm on vacation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats! Good looking coyote.

Those decoys sure do work, don't they? I wish I had video of the many predators that I've dropped dead while they were target-locked on a decoy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Target locked! I like that, and that is sure what it is. It's like they are hypnotized or something.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome. I'd really like to go coyote hunting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]
nice coyote! I tried my Foxpro today first time, but sadly came up with nothing Maybe next tiume will be better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top