Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2009 8:59:56 PM EDT
Well I got my first coyote under my belt, a friend took me out coyote hunting yesterday.

No luck calling any in but we did jump a female in a creek bottom, he missed with the first shot and I put one round through the back of her shoulder/neck
she was running away out at about 150 yards and the shot dropped her immediately.

Well before you call BS I decided to skin her being that it was my first coyote, well I got a little to deep
while cutting her open guts fell out as did 4 embryo still in sack there were three  that I could see two in and one fell all the way out.
suckers were about 3 inches long looked like they had nails and tail already.

Has anyone else seen this before?
All I can say that's the first and last coyote I'll skin, it was a pain in the but and stunk

I'll have pics up tomorrow after noon
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a science teacher back in junior high school that used to get road kill fetus's from ODNR and LEO to use for display and dissection.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was a kid I shot a rabbit with a bow.

As I was going back home with it it sudenly started convulsing, so I dropped it on the ground and stomped on it's head until it suddenly gave birth to 3 baby rabbits.

I took them home and called the Humane Society that said they had a cat that would nurse baby rabbits.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have killed a handful of rabbits with baby rabbits inside of them - if anyone wants to see picures I have some, though they are really quite awful.

I've never cut open a female yote this time of year, but what you saw is not unheard of. Good job on reducing the yote population x4 in your area - your local ranchers thank you!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy Crap!!  What were you skinning it with? A machete? Axe?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot a rabbit and got 2 at the same time as another rabbit had crossed its path at the same time, same thing happened when I shot a dove.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I was a kid I shot a rabbit with a bow.

As I was going back home with it it sudenly started convulsing, so I dropped it on the ground and stomped on it's head until it suddenly gave birth to 3 baby rabbits.

I took them home and called the Humane Society that said they had a cat that would nurse baby rabbits.

in true ARFCOM fashion.

Touching, squishy and brutal all at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll have pics up tomorrow after noon

Really?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I got 18 wild pigs once with 2 shots. They looked to be about a week from being born.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top