Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2020 2:53:51 PM EDT
Need to snatch up two ASAP more for security than monitoring wildlife.

Cell signal should be good in the location. I'm just looking for a dependable was of getting alerted to people vs. scouting game.

I keep reading reviews and most are pretty bad... eating batteries, not taking pics, going dead, etc.

Any first hand experiences welcome.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
One question I've asked many places, and never got an answer, was FOV at certain distances. All the cameras (very few) that I've tried, are like a 3x or 4x scope. You have to set them back pretty far from the narrow area you'll get on screen.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's an example;

https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/Trail-cam-field-of-view-question/23-698622/?page=1

I contacted Moultrie, and told them the clearing is too small for me to move the camera back far enough to capture the whole clearing with the cameras I have, so I'd like to know if they sell any cameras with a wider FOV. Their suggestion was that I move the camera back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top