Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2022 1:22:44 PM EDT
Just need to figure out a 23cm solution for the 9700 that doesn't involve a 100 ft run of cable.

7300 tuned to the "GD of ham radio"...

Attachment Attached File

JUST fired up.  7300 has been unplugged for 1 month. iCom really needs to find a better clock battery.  It DID remember my call sign.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy carp!   They don’t give those 9700s away.  

I think that sucker is sweet but I would probably pick up an FT991 as a back up HF plus VHF/UHF before that at that price.  

They do look sexy together.   If you turn out the lights and put some mood music on maybe you will get a baby IC705 ora 52A.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking setup.
Quoted:
...iCom really needs to find a better clock battery...
View Quote

I had mine for over a year before I realized it even has a clock battery. I though the clock was supposed to stop whenever the power was removed.
Meh, no big deal. It's one of those bells, whistles, and coontails I can live without.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy carp!   They don’t give those 9700s away.  
View Quote

I really want one, but need to sell some stuff to afford one. Need to get a radio fixed so I can sell it... its a vicious cycle. Really wish they had 6m... and 220.

OP put up a horizontal antenna for 2m so that thing can do its thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really want one, but need to sell some stuff to afford one. Need to get a radio fixed so I can sell it... its a vicious cycle. Really wish they had 6m... and 220.

OP put up a horizontal antenna for 2m so that thing can do its thing.
View Quote

I hung my J pole in the attic for the 9700 to siphon off of.  I put the blue-sky 33' mast in the back with a compromise comet cha-250 for now.  I figure the local Karens will start tsk-tsk-ing in a week or so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you could find one a Big Wheel doesn't really look like an antenna... they're too big to be readily UPSable so don't know where they're for sale anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top