Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2021 9:04:02 PM EDT
Recently acquired a neat project: an NSA time display.
Attachment Attached File

Was used for decoding time on digital tapes using the XR3 format. I would love to turn this into a standard clock (and know someone who did so by replacing the guts). I'm hoping to be able to find a software or microcontroller (Pi, Arduino, etc.) that can generate the codes so that I can use this as a clock without modifications (GPS updating would be nice, but not an absolute must).

Here are the details on XR3:
Attachment Attached File

Anyone undertaken a project like this before, or familiar with some form of XR3 code generator? I found a guy who was able to do it on Youtube, but the latest video is about 8 years old, and he hasn't responded to inquiries (the address listed on the FOIA letter is no longer valid).

Hacking The ID-1707A(V)1/U, Part 7

Regardless....should be a fun project!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC XR3 is a relative of IRIG.

This project should give you a good head start.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top