Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:19:21 PM EDT
I do not know why the place fascinates me but I just bagged it.

This guy!    JT5DX

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. Who'd you get?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
updated. See OP.

He reminds me of ........................ME!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was JT1CS back in 1991.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Great job there Piccolo!  I've worked two stations there and he's one of them.  I remember several times when I could barely hear him and always wanted to work him so bad.  Finally got through during the All Asia contest last year.  I think his QRZ page pictures just makes us want to work him even more!

The contest is not as good here for me as the previous year.  Lots of Asiatic Russia but no Pacific Rim stations so far for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've worked JT5DX a few times, I really need to send him a card
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
this MUST be your reply

unless you're doing a picture specifically for him
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I do not know why the place fascinates me but I just bagged it.

This guy!    JT5DX

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/m108shooter/IMG_0083_zps39e0a0db.jpg
View Quote

I would totally rock an outfit like that if I had it.

Somehow my beanie with the propeller seems inadequate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:52:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this MUST be your reply

http://files.qrz.com/e/kb3wbe/Picture_002.jpg

unless you're doing a picture specifically for him
View Quote

There's a little history behind that pic.

Someone told me I ought to join the HF/Backpack group and I looked into it and din't like what I saw. A couple of other hams (arfcom and Non arfcom) told me I wouldn't fit in because it was run strictly by some hippie chick with an agenda.

I looked carefully and knew I wouldn't fit in because my jacket didn't come from North Face or REI etc etc.

Meanwhile a Massachusetts Policeman that I knew from the Yahoo PRC 320 group turned me on to the Moose and Squirrel net. THe same officer suggested I take a picture of myself sitting in a hole with a rifle in an ARMY t-shirt with a Garand and a freshly killed deer and send it in to the HF/Backpack people.

A couple of days later my nephew dropped in, we took that picture instead and sent it to Moose and Squirrel where it graces their pages.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Got him too!

Damn near had India tonight but the freaking tuners ruined it.

Seriously...tuning up or down 5 will get you there and not screw everyone trying to talk right now.

And to the annoying guy screaming his call every 3 seconds while I got Chad in Mongolia..."Nyah nah na nahhh nahhhh!"  Try being polite next time.

The 20m moxon is a HAMMER!   I swear if I get it pointed properly it gets it done.  Even at 100 W.  can't wait til Christmas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top