Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:37:49 PM EDT
MTC has super fast shipping.  I just got a KG-UVD1P from Wouxun.  I got the software and programming cable but...  I'm fucking stupid and have no idea on how to use this nice piece of equipment.  I've been passing my practice test 100% and the next test isn't until Dec 15 locally, so now I have a lot of time to learn how to use this radio.

Soooo...  WTF do I do first?  I got a DX-1 antenna and it fits and I bought this SPM-700 Palm mic w/earphones and it has the earpiece and a PTT button but where is the microphone and what is this palm mic.  Shall I talk into my hand???  Haha, I know that's not the right answer but seriously, where is the mic on this thing?

Holy shit, that's way fucking cooler than I thought, although palming it and a rifle isn't going to work, still pretty neat.  I'm going to have to buy a new mic though ahahaha, wow, still got it for 15 bucks.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Yahoo Searched: Wouxun ar15.com-results

there's you some more reading
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Box it up and send it back!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Now that's some cool fucking shit.  Thanks for posting that, I will be sure to get one but I hope they make it in A-TACS!  

Ok, so figuring this thing out is simple.  When I unboxed the thing I was like omg what does this dooooo, now it's bam bam bam.  Except... I can't hear shit on any repeater in town.  I dial them up and some of them have noise and static but I can't get a signal on the other ones.

Even the NOAA weather station is choppy, cuts in and out constantly.

Nope, fixed that too.  NOAA has a bit of static in the background but I dialed a step up and it works way better.  I can fap to this voice.

Now if I could actually talk this would probably be better cause I could call a test out.  FML.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#7]
check your squelch settings?

that holster is only in desert no ATACS...get u some RIT!

This one will work, but not quite as well

here is my D2 in the Condor Holster in OD

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
check your squelch settings?

that holster is only in desert no ATACS...get u some RIT!

This one will work, but not quite as well

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2233_75519327

here is my D2 in the Condor Holster in OD

http://www.fotolode.com/images/SCWolverine/Ham/condorradiopouch.jpg

Thanks for the links, SCW! I need one or two of these for my wouxon...the colors even match my bag!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
you're welcome!

I mentioned that the 2nd one (Condor) didn't work as well.  I should have mentioned that was an opinion!

some like the knobs covered, others like to access them easily. that is the major difference in the two (besides in-stock and a few bucks)
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top