Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2022 8:30:11 PM EDT
Whats your best recipe?  I don't want something good, give me great.

Currently we are loading up and pickling asparagus.  One of those early season products that help us get through the year.  

I'm kind of planning ahead for the summer and all those great vegetables.  I just need a tried and great salsa recipe.  It's got to include jalapeno's
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My go to is my mother's recipe that I grew up on:

2 cans whole peeled tomatoes
2 banana peppers
3-4 jalapenos
garlic/onion powder

Simple as it gets.  These days I add in a ghost or habanero because jalapenos alone just don't cut it for me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds good.  Next canning run we will give it a try.  Will probably add chopped onion to it instead of onion powder.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sounds good.  Next canning run we will give it a try.  Will probably add chopped onion to it instead of onion powder.

Thank you!
View Quote

Definitely do the chopped onion and garlic cloves if you can. Also fresh cilantro if your taste buds like it.

Last time I made it that way I still felt something was missing, I may toss in a little vinegar next time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The vinegar sounds interesting.  I've never tried it in salsa.

Thinking about smoking all my peppers before canning.  Cool smoke so they aren't mushy.  Anyone ever try that in their canned salsa?
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Whats your best recipe?  I don't want something good, give me great.

Currently we are loading up and pickling asparagus.  One of those early season products that help us get through the year.  

I'm kind of planning ahead for the summer and all those great vegetables.  I just need a tried and great salsa recipe.  It's got to include jalapeno's
View Quote

My wife loves smoked salsa. The recipe I followed is from. Heygrillhey.com look up salsa.
Basically it cut tomatoes in 1/2 slice the onions 3/8" thick  and peppers and garlic let smoke on high smoke for about 90mins.
Put in batches in blender add fresh cilantro!, lime juice and salt to taste.??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top