Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2012 3:48:33 AM EDT
Anyone ever seen anything like this??

Ok, you bite. Neat idea right??? Works great on kids and the pesky Aunt.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Eastern rubber snake?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, try again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Rebar snake
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a bama black snake
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Rebar snake

Nice huh. About a hour of work and the UPS guy hates it. The Fed-Ex lady dam near pissed herself the first time she walked up the side walk. Works great on chipmunks. They are now where to be found.

Thinking about making a few to sell. Father in-law says he's going to give it a custom brush paint job this winter. it will look like a python then, so he says.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Rebar snake

Nice huh. About a hour of work and the UPS guy hates it. The Fed-Ex lady dam near pissed herself the first time she walked up the side walk. Works great on chipmunks. They are now where to be found.

Thinking about making a few to sell. Father in-law says he's going to give it a custom brush paint job this winter. it will look like a python then, so he says.

How hard would it be to bend rebar into a coil. Picturing a rattle snake or cobra coiled up ready to strike and it would make a good garden hose reel / keeper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I gave that a idea, You would have to have a way to heat up the hole piece,Ie a forge or furnace of some sort. Than have something to bend it around. All that was used on this was a tourch and a anvil. Or blacksmith friend made it up as I was cooking lunch on the grill.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What did you paint it with that's so shiny black?

I thought it was garden hose at first. The pattern looks like the pattern on a rubber hose I had in a greenhouse a long time ago.

The thing is, when it doesn't move for several days, the critters figure out that it's not real.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Used a gray primer, Then a few coats of black tractor paint from Tractor Supply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top