Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 6:28:30 PM EDT
i bought one of the beef taco filling tray packs from longlifefoods a few weeks ago. well, we got hungry and decided to try it out to see if we wanted to order more.  i put it in a metal pan like a buffet pan, stuck it in the oven at 350 covered with foil and cooked till hot.  i had mine on leftover torts from taco cabana.  i didnt even get through the first one before i chomped down on a big piece of bone.  

wife is eating hers like chili, out of a bowl with crackers and cheese.  she turns to me and says what is this? and hold up a piece of white, skin-looking piece of something.  

we stopped right there and threw the rest out to the cats.

i definately wont be buying any more of that crap!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the review guess i shoulda tried it before i bought two cases.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones I had in the Army years ago were pretty good.  Too bad they've gone to shit. Of course, they'll feed our troops crap.  They've done it before.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a case of the pork ribs which are edible, and also a case of sausage links. I received a tray of the taco filling by mistake from Long Life Foods once and the told me to just keep it. Not sure if I want to try it now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top