Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 3:16:34 PM EDT
I just sent a cowhorn to the processor...  I'm having burger made out of everything but the tenderloins (cube steaking them) and the neck (normally thrown away.)

My buddy advised me to keep the neck to make a stew with... Sooo.. here's the million dollar question... Who's got a good venison neck stew recipe?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just sent a cowhorn to the processor...  I'm having burger made out of everything but the tenderloins (cube steaking them) and the neck (normally thrown away.)

My buddy advised me to keep the neck to make a stew with... Sooo.. here's the million dollar question... Who's got a good venison neck stew recipe?

ive got a butt roast in the fridge ,,soaking now.

what ive done is......

1/2 a beer
big pinchof sea salt
dash of rosemary
1 cup of apple juice
table spoon of lemon juice
course ground pepper
garlic
couple shakes of wishshire(sp)

ill then cook with onions, and taters in a pot in teh stove all day. ill add some h20 and some flour to thickin it up to make stew or ill leave it be as a "roast"

reason for the beer and "juices" is i ve found it breaks it down a bit over a few days and takes away any "gamey" flavor.  seems to work....
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:46:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ive got a butt roast in the fridge ,,soaking now.

what ive done is......

1/2 a beer
big pinchof sea salt
dash of rosemary
1 cup of apple juice
table spoon of lemon juice
course ground pepper
garlic
couple shakes of wishshire(sp)

ill then cook with onions, and taters in a pot in teh stove all day. ill add some h20 and some flour to thickin it up to make stew or ill leave it be as a "roast"

reason for the beer and "juices" is i ve found it breaks it down a bit over a few days and takes away any "gamey" flavor.  seems to work....

I'll try that.   Bonus is I get to drink a half a beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top